Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Military Internetter Night Out in Dublin, 27MAR

• 23-03-2009 1:51am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For those of you not on 'the other site', I'm trying to put together a night out on Fri 27th March, since I'm in town. I think I'll be starting out at 18:30 at the Mongolian BBQ in Temple Bar, but from that point, nobody's as yet suggested a drinking establishment to adjourn to or to just meet at if dinner isn't in mind. Since TLL is also having a night out that night, I've suggested combining forces, but we need a plan B.

So, is anyone interested in joining us for a drinkie and swapping of war stories, let me know. And let me know where you suggest we drink/chat.

NTM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

You want to watch your choice of venue, the last time I was there (a couple of years ag) I got food poisoning.

Still I suppose it's better than MREs. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

I reckon you should arrange it on the same night as that lot from IMO..would be funny considering most people barred from that site end up here!:D I'm sure a few of those mal-contents would enjoy an encounter with a few select members. :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

It is the same night.

In my experience, people are a lot more civil and friendly to each other in person, even if they're at each others' throats online. And if they can't be, I'll have at them myself.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

I'd quite happily share pints with you lot, but unfortunately unable to attend due to work and family commitments. have one for me, actually have 4 or 5 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

I'll probably come along to glean some hints and get an idea of what I'm letting myself in for..........................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I might have to visit some friends on Friday night, its only a might, but if I'm free I'd defo be around and interested in hooking up.

Other than Neill, and maybe Mairt, any other takers?

If you'll be at the food, let me know so I can add to the seat count. If just for the booze (Maybe 20:00?) we'll see you at the pub. PM me contact info, in case we actually decide which pub to go to by 19:30.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

Sounds like a great idea only problem is I am no where near Dub on the 27th :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Damn, I'd definetely be interested but I'm stuck in a conference for the weekend.

Have fun though lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

As a civvie, i reckon i'd be out of my depth in your company lads, even though it'd be good to meet all y'all.

Unfortunately circumstances and family dictate that i'll be in Limerick, so no joy either way. Have a good one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Gunny Hartman

How many people from here are going? I may just make an appearance if there is enough numbers where I know it won't be four of us around a table listening to Manic's war stories :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Lad's sorry to disappoint, but I'm afraid I'll have to bail. I have to go home this weekend and have been offered a lift tomorrow evening ........ its either that or a three and a half hour bus journey on saturday morning nursing the effects of the night before. Best of luck with the night out - I see you've acquired some recruits on IMO for your late night operations.

Best of look with it - porterhouse on parliament street is the one I'd suggest myself, it'll take you about 5 mins or so to get there from the mongolian.

Neil

How many people from here are going? I may just make an appearance if there is enough numbers where I know it won't be four of us around a table listening to Manic's war stories :P

Seems to be somewhere around 6-8 right now.

Hey, if you get bored, just go find the TLL meet-up.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Seems to be somewhere around 6-8 right now.

Hey, if you get bored, just go find the TLL meet-up.

NTM

A bit late, but was there a location/time decided for this? I'll be in town tonight, and wouldn't mind putting faces to names.

Sorry, mate. Didn't see your post before I left for town.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

So, how many guys turned up in the end?

Advertisement