Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re Riker and O'Brien

• 23-03-2009 2:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Got a chance to see the episode of DS9 where Thomas Riker steals the defiant last week.

During the episode, Riker runs into O'Brien and you get the impression that they had parted on bad terms.

Anyone got an idea as to why this is so?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

It was the alernate riker's way of not talking to O'Brien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

yes. because o'brien would have copped fairly quick in an actual conversation that someting was up.
    but tom riker's treatment of him in front of kira embarrassed and upset him so he shuffled off confused, asking himself what he had done to offend will riker.
    the writers could easily have written some pleasant dialogue but instead made it into another great little moment for meany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Yep and yep. No actual reason for any bad terms was ever established AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

yes. because o'brien would have copped fairly quick in an actual conversation that someting was up.
    but tom riker's treatment of him in front of kira embarrassed and upset him so he shuffled off confused, asking himself what he had done to offend will riker.

What he said
    the writers could easily have written some pleasant dialogue but instead made it into another great little moment for meany

And keep the viewer hooked trying to figure out what happened between the real Riker and O'Brien before it revealed that it's Tom. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

And keep the viewer hooked trying to figure out what happened between the real Riker and O'Brien before it revealed that it's Tom. :)

Very good point. I have seen that episode so often knowing the truth I forgot I didn't know first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

yes, I remember at the time thinking Riker had a turned into a ****head and and being confused myself.:eek:

Advertisement