Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession(my Opinion)

Options
  • 23-03-2009 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

How many of you feel like Recession is Just a dead lock for the middle and poor by wealthy and rich that's what happening in Ireland to justify my point
    Just check how many of you got promoted but pay did not went up with it but boss can ask you to work more and because you are just promoted to a potion. you ask your boss about the pay and they will say you are lucky to have your job. At the mean time do you ever think how much he/she is getting plus his bones and how he spending it. Bosses can press you as much as they like you are replaceable due to recession then aging who has recession? who create this recession? miss management from the bosses and not understand the global economy or they are just busy spending your money on never ending projects, Holidays,5 star hotels and food, Cars. Still our bosses can spend on them but due to recession our eyes are bit open so they show you that limited spend on there behalf.
    to date I know in my area most of 5 star hotels Hide from your view were busy and doing very good if your working there how you feel how the hell people spend around 150Euros per person ah that's the money they squeeze from your pay rise you never might get with your promotion or the labor cost they cut. SOME people from Eastern European counties comes and works here for a while then if they go unemployed they get the benefit and live in there country because it's cheaper in that country they are earnings 200 Euro for the whole month did you ever think of that. If you going to go to that country and try to find work they will never hire you you need to speak there language or you are native. you wont even get a job in McDonald's. Recession is a weapon that can used agent you when ever they want. now who are they you know the answer If your a south American, Asian, African but not a doctor I tell you you are the new generation of slaves

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I'm guessing English isn't your first language.

Your boss is using the recession to make you work longer hours and not get a pay rise that you should have got with a promotion? They are blaming the recession for this but you dont believe them. Do you work in the private sector, i'll guess you do. What line of work are you in? Has the company experienced a drop in sales, revenue etc.
    If it is a private sector company then i would guess they have, as there are very few business that have not been affected. In my own job i have to work an extra 10-20 hours per week since xmas and in my position i can understand, however if i did not have the facts and figures in front of me i could understand how someone could believe that this is just a ploy by the owners to get me to work longer and harder. The reality (in my case) is the company is operating in a deficit, it is spending more money per month than it takes in.
    In the last few years the company has been making huge profits but just like a child with more pocket money, the more you get the more you spend, only in this case what is not put back into the company is distributed between the owner (shareholders) and for all intensive purposes is gone.
    With regards to your pay rise, i'm afraid this is par for the course, i dont know of anyone who has received a pay rise this year (from a private company). Getting a pay rise is not a priority for most, the cost of living has dropped and just having a job more than makes up for it in most workers mind.

Of course without more details it is possible the 'boss' is taking advantage and using the recession as an excuse, anythings possible.

Advertisement