Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

suckler premium

• 23-03-2009 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭

any one worried about the suckler premium after the next budget,its going to come under big pressure,i am thinking of triggering payment before its annonced in april, all calves born on hand were introduced to meals day after been born and dates sent in on line. only problem i am worried about is if i am inspected and calves are still under the cows,i personaly think theres a greater chance of them takeing the premium than them inspecting me.may be they wont take the money on any calf in system before buget day,any one with any ideas or theorys as to the premium i would like to hear your suggestions:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

can u do that legwax??

i'd say the payment will be halved..ie €40 a cow+calf!

aleast its somthing! small though...
    we all should be, doing good animal welfare/husbandry anyway! it makes for a better life for you the farmer+the animal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

yes you send back your weaning date,everthing is ok as long as u have the calf on meals the required amount of days and the calf is 6 weeks old.my point is they have already cut the payment to 40euro and now this buget the gov has to even find more monies i think the figer is around 5 billion,and i might be wrong but is this twice as much as they had to find then.will they take the last 40euro.yes i totaly agree with ur last point,i was doing every thing already it was a bonus,in my local mart the other day cattles ear tag numbers were taken by a vet because there horns had been hacked off and the vet was going to check if the suckler premiun had been claimed

ah rite..

didn't know it was cut to €40 already..****!
    as i hav autumn born calves,on meal etc--not weaned! but didn't put in the form..may do do asp!
    unsure if they'll scrap it all together...b somthing there!
    as the money is not huge--compare to other schemes!

yep €5 billion--mayb more..is unreal!
    country is f*****

yep bird in hand is better than bird in bush,is it worth risking take it wile its there. your 08 calves will still get the 80 euros,09 calves-40euros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

wiggy123 wrote: »
    ah rite..

didn't know it was cut to €40 already..****!
    as i hav autumn born calves,on meal etc--not weaned! but didn't put in the form..may do do asp!
    unsure if they'll scrap it all together...b somthing there!
    as the money is not huge--compare to other schemes!

yep €5 billion--mayb more..is unreal!
    country is f*****

They didn't announce any cut from €80 to €40 yet as far as I was aware. I suspect they will announce it after the budget. The proposed cut was just banded about late last year, but never imposed. I wouldn't risk sending in the forms early because if they suspect that you are pulling a fast one, you inviting an inspection. I have heard that there will be a lot of inspections this year in order to keep Dep of ag officials in work - now that they don't have anything to do since the FWMS has finished. When all new buildings are inspected, they will be out in force and looking to penalise farmers in any way in order to save money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

reilig wrote: »
    They didn't announce any cut from €80 to €40 yet as far as I was aware. I suspect they will announce it after the budget. The proposed cut was just banded about late last year, but never imposed. I wouldn't risk sending in the forms early because if they suspect that you are pulling a fast one, you inviting an inspection. I have heard that there will be a lot of inspections this year in order to keep Dep of ag officials in work - now that they don't have anything to do since the FWMS has finished. When all new buildings are inspected, they will be out in force and looking to penalise farmers in any way in order to save money.

Sorry I stand corrected, the new rate of €40 was announced in last budget. (Fair play to google) Still stand firm on my prediction of extra inspections to keep jobs for the boys.

just been on to portlaoise and was told that premium for 09 calves will be cut , and has not been announced: phone number for portlaoise 1890252707

Sorry I stand corrected, the new rate of €40 was announced in last budget. (Fair play to google) Still stand firm on my prediction of extra inspections to keep jobs for the boys.
    but will they take the rest:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭adne

leg wax wrote: »
    just been on to portlaoise and was told that premium for 09 calves will be cut , and has not been announced: phone number for portlaoise 1890252707

Been cut from €40 to what???

adne wrote: »
    Been cut from €40 to what???
    its been cut from 80euros,we prezume down to 40,but will they now take the last 40euros in this buget

• Advertisement

don't think they will this year!
    mayb next year..
    we'll find out soon enough--next month

its been cut from 80euros,we prezume down to 40,but will they now take the last 40euros in this buget

U said u were told on the Phone that they were cutting it again.

The Cut from 80 to 40 happened in the last budget and is active since Jan 1st 09

adne wrote: »
    U said u were told on the Phone that they were cutting it again.

The Cut from 80 to 40 happened in the last budget and is active since Jan 1st 09
    if u read my posts u will see that i never said i was told that they are cutting it again,i am asking u will they cut again;)

where are you living. This was announced in the last budget. :D:D

Advertisement