Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor bill pay lite, roaming services

• 23-03-2009 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

When you convert to bill pay lite from PAYG, do you loose roaming privileges?
    I was thinking of signing up but it would be a pain not to be able to roam.

Also if I have €30 in credit is this credit lost when I sign up to BPL?

Sorry for the edit: Do you need to pay by DD to go on BPL?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Bond-007 wrote: »
    When you convert to bill pay lite from PAYG, do you loose roaming privileges?

No, you will be on the standard bill pay rates. rates here
    Also if I have €30 in credit is this credit lost when I sign up to BPL?
    They will add this to your account, so if you only used your allowance and nothing else you wouldn't pay for the first 3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thanks for the info.

Do you have to pay them by DD?

Thanks for the info.

Do you have to pay them by DD?

Not compulsory afaik

Grand so, I shall see about signing up today. :) Thanks again for the help. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Davy wrote: »
    Not compulsory afaik

When I used to sign people up to meteor the only options on the website were DD and credit card

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    When I used to sign people up to meteor the only options on the website were DD and credit card

Is it not laser too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Davy wrote: »
    Is it not laser too?

Maybe if you picked credit card it would also allow you to enter laser details. I can't remember tbh. And they might have added new options since I worked with it

Well that was interesting. No shop that I tried wanted anything to do with Meteor Bill Pay Lite. They said there is no commission for them so they don't want to know. All I got was "Ah sure won't you sign up for a real contract? Phones start at €49.99"

Nearest Meteor store is 40+ miles away. Another customer lost I am afraid.

Thats bad form! Ring 1905 and see what they will do for as you already on meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

i changed from PAYG to bill lite in February and was heading to states last week and day before just happened to pass meteor shop so i decided to go in and ask for roaming rates and what network to pick over there etc... girl told me cos i was only 1 month on bill i had no roaming! i freaked cos i was travelling next day with no use of phone then! ive been a meteor customer for 7 years and cos i changed to bill pay they took my roaming away. she said had to be least 2 months on bill to get it! and there was nothing she could do
    so i went down to the shop i signed to bill pay for to complain as i hadnt been told this when i signed up. walked straight up to counter and said to guy" ive just found out cos ive changed to bill pay ive lost my roaming and im going to USA tomorrow" he said whats your number...2 minutes on the PC and "there ya go you have roaming now"
    its amazing the different customer service you get for same company and girl in first shop appeared to be a manager!

• Advertisement

Thats meteors policy, 2months if your new and all bills to be paid in full. What she was suppose to have offered you is to put a €60 down payment on the account, but i can understand your anger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Well that was interesting. No shop that I tried wanted anything to do with Meteor Bill Pay Lite. They said there is no commission for them so they don't want to know. All I got was "Ah sure won't you sign up for a real contract?

it all makes sense now. they kept losing the copies of stuff i gave them that they needed before i could sign up. also no sign of any documentation or brochures to do with bill pay lite. the whole thing seems fairly disorganised like...

theres a 60e deposit if you sign up to bp lite and want roaming within the first 2 months but i dunno howthat goes if you change over from prepaid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Well that was interesting. No shop that I tried wanted anything to do with Meteor Bill Pay Lite. They said there is no commission for them so they don't want to know. All I got was "Ah sure won't you sign up for a real contract? Phones start at €49.99"

Nearest Meteor store is 40+ miles away. Another customer lost I am afraid.

That's because Bill Pay Lite isn't available in those stores. It's only available in Meteor stores at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

You won't be automatically set up for roaming. You'll need to request that which may require a deposit.

For roaming, you need to either pay a 60e deposit up front, which is taken from your first bill, or pay 2 bills. Once two bills are paid, you have to ring Meteor to remove the bar.

DD Details are required for all Meteor Bill Pay packages, regardless whether it is a 12 month or 30 day commitment.

So you go from having roaming on PAYG to no roaming on bill pay. Funk that.

I'm off to o2. Meteor can kiss my shiny metal ---. :D

So you go from having roaming on PAYG to no roaming on bill pay. Funk that.

I'm off to o2. Meteor can kiss my shiny metal ---. :D

Logical reasoning behind it. PayG, you run out of credit and tough shiz. Bill Pay, you keep on getting charged, and could decide not to pay the bill.

o2 do roaming based on credit scoring so if you don't get it at credit scoring, I think you're waiting 3 or 6 months for it, regardless whether you want to pay a deposit.

That ain't an issue as I am an existing o2 business customer. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I changed over to lite today.

I have since logged into the website but nothing has changed.

I have tried texting my minutes to what ever the number is and got a text back saying that it was not one of the available options or something to that effect.

How can i simply check my remaining minutes?

Advertisement