Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entitled to Cancel/Deposit back

Options
  • 23-03-2009 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi
    Just looking for some adivce on the below.

I paid a Visa deposit on a suite of furniture at the end of february,
    13 weeks for delivery etc etc. Noticed on the receipt that this particular company was in receivership. No problem they said as all orders were being garunteed by the receivers.
    Fast forward to over the weekend and while out shopping noticed that the store in question was closing down.
    Was given the number to head office and i phoned and they said that the order was delayed but would be fulfilled. They also said to ring back in 4 weeks "to see if there was a problem".

The whole thing just seems a bit dodgy so i want to cancel the order and get my deposit back if i can.

Anybody know what my rights are? And who do i ring to cancel the bank or the company themselves?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Goods not received so you should be able to do a charge back through your credit card to get this money back.

You'd be in more trouble if you had paid in cash

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Cabaal wrote: »
    No, that would turn into a expensive lesson learned more likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 browbrow

Cabaal wrote: »
    Goods not received so you should be able to do a charge back through your credit card to get this money back.

Cheers for the reply Cabaal, yes im happy enough that i paid with Visa.
    Am i entitled to cancel straight away or what for a delivery time. I rang the receivers again this morning. They again "assured" me that i would be getting the goods, but couldnt tell me when!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

A guarantee of delivery should include a date. If they can't tell you when the goods will arrive, that means they don't have them, or are having trouble getting the supplier to supply (probably because a supplier will not be in any hurry to extend credit to a company that is in receivership).

You should contact the bank about a charge back now, and tell them that the shop is in receivership, and the receivers cannot tell you when (if) you will get the furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

by any chance the company is LOL ?

zeppi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Would imagine the name ryhmes with 'Wassic wurniture'. Was in one on saturday and the dude in there said make me an offer on anything you see cos we are closing tommorow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

yeh, soon as I heard I rang the Credit card company and I got my money back from Tim Mangans
    credited to my account phew :)

Advertisement