Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bought phone on credit card turns faulty

Options
  • 23-03-2009 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

i bought a phone from a guy on ebay with 100% feedback and alot of transactions back in january 17th phone had been working well but the odd time the speaker would not work when i answered a call and i could not hear a thing, but recently its every time i make or receive a call i cant hear a thing unless i put it on loud speaker. anyways i contacted the guy last week and asked did he have a warranty or insurance on it(as he got it on upgrade on billpay) but he didnt return any of my emails. then i rang my credit card company and they basically told me i cant file for chargeback because i accepted them and i being using the phone for so long and i would of had to report the problem right away. but i thought if you buy something with credit card and it turns out faulty you can get it fixed up to 90 days or you will be insured on the credit card. the guy is not replying to me so i cant do anything so has anyone got some advice or tips on what i can do? i paid 320 for a phone i cant use as a phone.(the fault if very common on this phone c905)
    any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Was he a business seller?

What is his returns policy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 stephenparsons

sorry he was a seller on ebay wasnt a business. he didnt update his return policy as it stated "only refund if concert cancelled" but when i had an issue with the phone first week he was more than happy to exchange it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭3DataModem

sorry he was a seller on ebay wasnt a business.

What I mean is - was he a business seller on ebay? I'm guessing not.

I believe you are probably at the sellers mercy here...

You say the fault is very common? Perhaps you should bring it to a phone shop and get it repaired.

no sorry he wasnt a business seller. ill be getting the phone repaired no problem, but its the fact my CREDIT CARD company take money from me for insurance and then dont cover me, in this case the seller cannot be contacted so they should help me with it or file a chargeback as ive read somewhere.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

no sorry he wasnt a business seller. ill be getting the phone repaired no problem, but its the fact my insurance company take money from me for insurance and then dont cover me, in this case the seller cannot be contacted so they should help me with it or file a chargeback as ive read somewhere.
    thanks

What has your insurance company got to do with an ebay seller?

• Advertisement

What has your insurance company got to do with an ebay seller?

well i was referring to the insurance i pay for using the credit card on purchases.apparently it doesnt cover faulty goods nor lost luggage which is why i actually paid for it.

sorry i meant credit card company not insurance lol,then when i re-read it i read it wrong myself my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

well i was referring to the insurance i pay for using the credit card on purchases.apparently it doesnt cover faulty goods nor lost luggage which is why i actually paid for it.

Most "purchase protection" with Credit Cards is only to cover you transporting the purchase home from the store to your home and the safety and cover of your house insurance.
    sorry i meant credit card company not insurance lol,then when i re-read it i read it wrong myself my bad

Also the rules with chargebacks are applied correctly in this case, the cc company does not provide warrenty services for your purchase.

oh right ok well i was under the impression that the insurance covers lost or broken purchases up to 90 days obviously i mis-interpreted,ah sure all is well got phone fixed free in the end.
    thanks for your advice,greatly appreciated

Advertisement