Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

one positive, one negative

• 23-03-2009 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Person is maybe 3 days later. Test was done and said pregnant. used different brand then later on same day and it was negative. second test was using one that was due to expire this month.

i dont know.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭KittenCaboodle

Well, some brands of tests work better for people than others do. I reckon if you got a positive it's a positive! It's usually false negatives that you get.

Get a few more different brands of test.

Also if you got your positive on the first wee of the morning, it has higher concentrations of the hormone, in later wees it might not be strong enough to detect.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 dara28

that the higher condentrations might have had an effect. anyways here to hoping its a positive....

thanks for your quick reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭KittenCaboodle

Drink nothing for a few hours and try with one where a little line shows up.

Fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Good luck and fingers crossed. False positives very rare so I'd say it's congratulations :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

i heard it different

Drink loads, try do it first thing in the mornig

if you get a one preg and one not do the test 3 days later when you have higher HCG levels

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

Best to test with first urine of the morning as it will be more concentrate & has a higher chance of showing a positive for very early pregnancy.

Different brands of tests can have different levels of sensitivity - that is, some will test positive for 25 hormone units, while others will require 50 hormone units in order to test positive (note I have simplified this to laymen's language for non-scientists/medics).

If you firstly get a negative test, wait a few days & retest, and you may then get a 'positive' test as the level of hormone has rapidly increased.

Hope this has helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Aysha

I had on a couple occassions a positive and a negative test result from different tests and each time was pregnant.
    BEST OF LUCK..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

My doctor told me there is no possibility of a false positive only false negative's especially with the clearblue testers as that is what most gp's use to do pregnancy tests :o

Advertisement