Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what type of insurance

Options
  • 23-03-2009 12:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

when I go ringing the insurance company I just want to know what type of insurance i will be looking for. Basically its for going on to other peoples property and cutting there grass and doing there weeding etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭MB74

Public Liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

public liability insurance. I don't think its a legal requirement to have it, just makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

as said above - you'll need Public Liability Insurance and in my opinion its essential for any business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Emmets4Life

when I go ringing the insurance company I just want to know what type of insurance i will be looking for. Basically its for going on to other peoples property and cutting there grass and doing there weeding etc.

As mentioned above it is public liability cover you require. Similarily if you have any employers or contracts of work to individuals you are legally required to have Employers Liability.

The limits of cover are quite often set by the comapny or business that you are doing work for. Governement departments / county councils will look for a standard limit on Public Liability of €6.5million and €13million on Employers Liability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

You are not legally obliged to have Employer's Liability insurance in the Republic of Ireland, but you are in the UK, incl NI. The reality is, however that you are unlikely to be awarded any Local Authority work without it (provided you actually have employees, that is).

Make sure your insurance company has you covered for tree felling and lopping of trees, if you carry out these services

• Advertisement
Advertisement