Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jersey's in niteclubs??

Options
  • 23-03-2009 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Just wondering...

Group of us going to the match Saturday. Are the nightclubs strict or will they mind people wearing jersey's? Will they let us in, or will we have to throw on a shirt?

I know the pubs will be fine but not to sure how strict nightclubs would be up there?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The bigger the city, the more strictness in the clubs imo. Bring a backpack for everyone's shirts and just swap in the toilet of the pub.
    The girls will probably prefer a clean shirt to a jersey anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Some of the pubs in Temple Bar area will not allow you in if you are wearing anytype of football shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i love the way if it was a gaelic/rugby shirt they'll let you in no problems.

soccer is a no no. try coppers everything is easy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

All depends what pub. I got in the South William(think thats the name) with a Spain jersey during the Euros and thats a posh place. If you get to teh pub early their should be no problem as clubs usually empty until 11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

i love the way if it was a gaelic/rugby shirt they'll let you in no problems.

soccer is a no no. try coppers everything is easy there.

Not necessarily, we were refused from The Temple Bar on a Sunday night after a Dublin match and we were wearing Dublin polo shirts not actual jerseys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

What I do is wear a fashionable zippy or jacket to matches with jersey underneath, zip it up when heading into a bar or club then back off once you've got a drink. Never had a problem that way but I guess the type of club will have something to do with how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Magnus wrote: »
    The bigger the city, the more strictness in the clubs imo.
    I don't know about that. Cork bouncers are arseholes, Dublin's are way more laid back.

Advertisement