Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I the only one who does not like GTA games.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Otaku Girl wrote: »
    I never implied I was being forced to watch it,merely offering my two cents. Perhaps they would say less if the main character was female but violence against men by woman is far less reported so you have to take it all into context.
    fyp.

It's a game that's all, It doen't objectify women in fact it's simply good business sense, You pay them, get a health boost then get your money back, Are you telling me that if you bought a house and could get the money back you wouln't? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Re: the the hookers there is nothing special about been able to beet up them up for your money back, its not a special feature of the game, you can rob anyone. It wouldn't make any sense if after you did the deed they were the only ones you couldn't rob, they just become like any other non-player character after that. Some adolescences noticed it was something you could do and thought it was the best thing ever. It made me smile once. okay 12 times. But then I felt dirty and stopped doing it, is that a sign of a bad game? Same with beating up the ambulance crews...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I never really got into the whole GTA thing TBH. Its got nothing to do with running people over with cars... just didnt seem to be enough of an attraction. I probably didnt give it enough of a chance either... prefer outright shoot 'em ups anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Otaku Girl wrote: »
    I've played alot and I found them fun for awhile but got bored.I can't see what the fuss is about.So anyone else relate to this?

Yes.

Yes, you are the only one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I though GTA IV was a bit boring compared to say, Vice City (my fave out of the bunch) but still a solid game, full of plenty of funny moments (usually due to the physics!).

Also, I'm female and not offended. It's not real. It all depends on what YOU do in the game. If your character onscreen beats up a hooker and takes her money it's because that's what YOU made it do. Personal choices.

I did beat up one hooker, but in my defence, I really needed the money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

koneko wrote: »
    I did beat up one hooker, but in my defence, I really needed the money.

My defence said that wouldn't fly with the jury and to deny all accountability since there was very little evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Vice city was my fav.. The levels with the remote controll helicopter n cars where great fun. GTAIV is just the same over n over n over. Gets quite boring... N the soundtrack in vice city was class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

GTA hasn't been as good since Vice City. I'm in the middle of Saints Row 2, and it has what GTA is missing: Fun, Tongue in Cheek humour. It's great being able to be a cop and chase down criminals. It's better to be a cop and to use an RPG to break up the Battle of the Century (Pirates Vs Ninjas!!!).

GTAIV and San Andreas were good games, and I played them to death, but I always felt something was lacking since Vice City. Realism is all well and good, but fun needs to be there, and it's not as prevalent in the GTA games after VC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Am I the only one that actually enjoyed GTA4 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Smegball wrote: »
    Am I the only one that actually enjoyed GTA4 :pac:

Wow I thought I was the only one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement