Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian Bootcamps

Options
  • 23-03-2009 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi there has anybody traveled abroad to study at any of these boot camps avalible in india

Have been looking online and the prices are very good . If anybody has tried any of these I would be interested in hearing about your experiences regarding this .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Most of these (while not all) are based on braindumps.
    I'd say save your money and self study. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

This place looks decent, and have had good reviews.

http://www.commsupport.co.uk/index.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Remember you must be an Indian citizen to do your MS exams in India.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

testicle wrote: »
    Remember you must be an Indian citizen to do your MS exams in India.

Not necessarily. You will need proof of entry to the country and travel documents supporting your visit. Easiest thing is to notify MS and ask for clarification

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

Would you not need a lot of hands on experience to do this, I mean if you were new to the stuff, become cisco engineer over the weekend..:eek:

Sitting my cisco exam Friday, took this week off work to study

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Good luck with it!
    Make sure you update on how you got on!

I've been slowing a bit as I'm moving into a role that mainly has to do with Active directory design. Hope to get it shortly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

Ya just going over and over questions and cbt's, Starting ms when I finish, I would rather start RHCT or Security+ but the way the job market is now, I think I will need ms behind me.

I see that The college I attended for all my IT courses are offering the 5 day "crash course" for: A+, N+, MCSA, CCNA, RHCT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Ginger wrote: »
    Not necessarily. You will need proof of entry to the country and travel documents supporting your visit. Easiest thing is to notify MS and ask for clarification

Sorry, got a bit confuzzled. You need to be an Indian citizen to sign up for exams online.
    Prometric wrote:
    India
    As of April 1, 2007, Only Citizens of India will be permitted to register for exams in our India test centres using the online test scheduling facility. All foreign candidate seeking approval in India are required to register at the Test site directly and hand over the requisite documents (i.e. digital copy of Passport and valid Visa). For any queries, you may e-mail to mslindia@microsoft.com.
    China
    Only citizens of China will be permitted to register for exams in Mainland China test centers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Toshlad

I haven't been to India but I did go to USA for my MCSE +Security boot camp with a company called CED.

I have to say it was a great 3 weeks. The trainer was fantastic and was available at anytime out of the structured lessons.

They can be found at www.cedsolutions.com and I went to the Atlanta location as you can get really cheap flights via Delta to Atlanta from Dublin.

Course included all MS books, exams (inc free retakes if required) breakfast and lunch with loads of snacks freely available during the day. And they put you up in a good hotel that has laundry etc.

Let me know if you want anymore details, I highly recommend them.

Advertisement