Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Bravo : Couple of questions.

Options
  • 23-03-2009 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Not really a car guy so looking for a little assistance. Fiat Bravo [2001] has been of the road about 2 years and looking to get it road worthy again. Just got it fully serviced and new wheels put on but there are two outstanding issues before I send it for NCT [March 30 :(]

What is this called on the front door and where can I get one? [Image is not of a Fiat Bravo but it's a similar device]. It's not the hinge but it's a device that stops the door swinging open.
    doorchk.jpg

I've also noticed that the bulb behind the dash unit [speedometer etc] doesn't work when the main lights are turned on. I believe that it's a difficult jobby for DIY so where can I get this done? It's probably just a blown bulb but it's a good hour or so to remove the dash and replace it again. I just don't feel confident doing it myself. The garage I went for servicing a few days ago wouldn't touch it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That's a door strap, you'll get it from any FIAT garage. Regarding the instrument lighting, first check that it's not just turned down. Next check the fuses, if they still don't work then i'd bring it to an auto electrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Cheers mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭artic

The part you are looking for the name of is commonly called a "check strap",why i dunno ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Check the instrument cluster adjustment switch (on the right hand side, behind the steering wheel) it may be turned all the way down. would be unusual for all the backlights in the dash not to work.

also, check out http://www.fiatforum.com/ - I found it invaluable when I went through my Italian phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Nope. My lights are fine. Tested them tonight. Feel like such a twat :)
    I tested them a few days ago [during the day] and saw no visual feedback when I turned lights on. Normally, I'd see a LITTLE illumination. Anywho, they are fine, which is cool.

Just have to fix the door and I'm good to go.

Will that door catch thingy be an NCT failing point if I don't get it done by next Monday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

check strap won't fail an NCT. It's quite a common fault on them and not the most straight-forward of jobs to do IIRC (think you have to take the door trim off to get at it)

Advertisement