Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aztec Codex

Options
  • 23-03-2009 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I have in my possession what I believe to be an Aztec Codex. Any idea what I could do with it? i.e. finding out more information on it, selling it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ahara

This seems very unlikely. Would you happen to have any photos of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

On further research, it appears to be a facsimile. I was thrown off by how old and beat up it looks.

From what images I can find of Codex Magliabechiano, it looks like it could be this; but the book has more pages that this codex has.

I'll post up a few pics when I get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

Added pics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Where did you get it? Prehaps bring it to someone who can date it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

If i were to make a guess i would think it could be a scholar or someone who might of studied the original codecs who might have copied diagrams and made notes. Thats only my guess though.

It would be worth getting checked out anyway as it looks pretty interesting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement