Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Gigging???

Options
  • 23-03-2009 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ADVICE ON GETTING GIGS IN PUBS ROUND DUBLIN?

I KNOW A GUD FEW COVERS (ABOUT 20 ISH) AND HAVE A DECENT VOICE AND DECENT ON GUITAR BUT NO EXPERIENCE UNFORTUNEATELY:(

ANY ADVICE?? CHEERS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 CONTROL DELETE

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ADVICE ON GETTING GIGS IN PUBS ROUND DUBLIN?

I KNOW A GUD FEW COVERS (ABOUT 20 ISH) AND HAVE A DECENT VOICE AND DECENT ON GUITAR BUT NO EXPERIENCE UNFORTUNEATELY:(

ANY ADVICE?? CHEERS

Yeah dont tell anyone about the experience thing and make a cd to give to pubs etc hand them round with your details and hopefully someone will give u a shout.
    Consistency is the key, keep hounding people, you'll get a gig after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Danmilanman

tanx for that mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭tubedude

Also man, a lot of pubs/bars hire acts through (and only through) entertainment organisers or agents that may(in some places) have a monopoly over a bunch of bars in an area. So try and get these guys names and numbers. Ask the bar manager if they have an agent, and get onto him/her. But yeah make a CD. Actually if you are interested in making a high quality demo CD, I am a recording engineer and will help you out, I mean if it's only vox and guitar, it's no bother. I'm trying to build up a portfolio as big as possible as I am only new to the game, so it would be probono.....anyway let me know.

Advertisement