Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limestone/Slate Look Without Drawbacks

Options
  • 23-03-2009 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hi we're looking to put in a country style kitchen in our newly built house and think the mix and match sized limestone or slate looks great and exactly the look we like to compliment the kitchen we have planned.

Trouble is we have dogs, very dirty messy dogs and its in the country so would insanity soon take over due to the dirt and difficulty of cleaning?

Anyone know of how to schieve the same look without the downside?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

Go into your nearest tubs & tiles or a good tile shop.
    There is a huge range available now of textured porcelain tiles.
    Porcelain tile can be gotten up to 1200 x 600mm believe it or not.

there was an italian range some time back that i used to spec a lot of but the name escapes me.
    I know Tubs & tiles supplied them.

if you go with the slate grey etc. whilst not having the real genuine look of a liscannor type flag it will be much easier to clean and not rwuire sealing every year or so like the natural prduct.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Skillie

^^^Great stuff thanks for that, i couldn't give a stuff if its fake once it looks nice and is practical and the dogs will drag mud and drool all over it daily so cleanability is a must. cheer again

Advertisement