Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

incomplete delivery address on pixmania order

Options
  • 23-03-2009 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I ordered a camera of pixmania and have just realised i put down an incomplete address and i'm pretty sure it wont get to me as a result. My ordere status on the site says i cant change my address. It also is a bit confusing in that the icon at the to saying "Forwarding" isnt lit up so i am thinking of cancelling it but just below the icons it says

"You may no longer cancel your order online. Please contact customer services for further information."

clicking on the link it says on the customer service page:

"You can cancel your order in full before it is dispatched.

If your order is being prepared for dispatch when you make your cancellation request, we cannot stop the parcel from being sent out. Consequently, we ask you to refuse delivery by the transporter so that it can be returned to us.

Once the parcel refused by you has been registered at our After-Sales Service, you will receive a confirmation e-mail and can thus request a refund."

So can i canel it but it will still be shipped or do i still have time to cancel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

*bump*

Anyone? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Alcatel

Best bet is to contact their customer service and ask them to do something - but, aha, good luck with Pixmania Customer Service, to say the least.........

If your order has been dispatched and it goes into the ether, it'll find it's way back to you and you don't get charged. How much of the address is missing? Could be that it'll still find its way to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

Alcatel wrote: »
    Best bet is to contact their customer service and ask them to do something - but, aha, good luck with Pixmania Customer Service, to say the least.........

If your order has been dispatched and it goes into the ether, it'll find it's way back to you and you don't get charged. How much of the address is missing? Could be that it'll still find its way to you.

chances are slim that ul get it without a line of the address,possibly in the uk it would be delivered due to the postcode but an post are really incompetent,a woman gave me an address missing the first line once and i sent the item registered,it went to england and back 3 times like a pinball and 3 weeks later it was returned to sender

who delivers it is an post or gls? would it be worth trying to contact them?
    i put in my contact number when ordering it so would they ring me?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How different is the address from your address?

• Advertisement

its
    Mr.Scruff
    road
    town
    county
    ireland

but because i'm getting it sent to my work address it should be

Mr Sruff
    workplace name
    road
    town
    county
    ireland

There are a few other buisnesses and residential properties on the same road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Did you pick DHL delivery? If you did, it might get through. If it comes with GLS, I'd say it's unlikely.

I ordered memory from Crucial a few months back, and in my haste forgot to add the company name to the delivery (was getting it sent to work), so it came to
    Mr. El
    Industrial Estate
    Limerick.

Amazingly, it actually made it through to me. Was delivered by UPS, so fair play to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Alcatel

If it goes back to sender, you don't lose any money.

Emergency over, had gone for the dhl option and package managed to find me despite my best efforts :D
    Cheers all

Advertisement