Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor Recommendation Required

Options
  • 23-03-2009 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am a first time buyer and I am wondering can anyone recommend a good solicitor in waterford that wont screw me over cos I wont really have a clue what I am doing. I dont want to get ripped off fee's wise. If this is posted in the incorrect section and I need to post in the legal section I will.I just thought id post here cos Im from waterford and buying in Waterford and you lot are all from waterford!! :D

Regards

sorrywhat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Elizabeth Dowling she's down in George's St.with halley, i found her very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

i have used Tom Norris of MW kellihers, just of the quays there... found him the be very good and helpful..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

If ye have contact info on any of these can ye PM me details

Regards

sorrywhat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Hi - I've sent you a PM with the details of the Solicitor we've used for years now.

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

try me i have 0 legal experience, but im quiet convincing in these hard times u have to try for anything you know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

Nicholas Walsh - HD Keane Solicitors on O' Connell Street is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

We used Sonya Kennedy, she was in Parnell Street at the time but I think she may have moved out to the other office in Ardkeen.

She did our convayencing for us and from the time we viewed our house and put in an offer to moving in took just under a month. We weren't in a chain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

The best solicitor in Waterford is Mark Walsh in Peter O'Connor & Son. Very practical. Maybe, thats because he is from Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

well butty wrote: »
    The best solicitor in Waterford is Mark Walsh in Peter O'Connor & Son. Very practical. Maybe, thats because he is from Waterford.

had excellent experience with Mark Walsh - very thorough and fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 WhatsTheStorey

Mark Walsh

Exceptional. I used him in the past. All I can say is their is no bull****e with this guy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

thanks for all the replys have found a lovely lady from peter o connor and sons

Regards

sorrywhat

• Registered Users Posts: 32 emagination

I know this is an old thread but for anyone looking in the future, I have found MM Halley Solicitors in Waterford very good.

Dealt with William, very professional and always attentive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

I know this is an old thread but for anyone looking in the future, I have found MM Halley Solicitors in Waterford very good.

Dealt with William, very professional and always attentive.

I found them to be the exact opposite. Have they moved to new premises opposite Walsh Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Dan133269 wrote: »
    I found them to be the exact opposite. Have they moved to new premises opposite Walsh Park?
    I'd agree with this assessment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

old gregg wrote: »
    I'd agree with this assessment

So would I...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

you should try out www.rate-your-solicitor.com for the best and worst solicitors rated by the customers of the particular solicotrs, mark walsh seems to get a high rating on this

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Guys I'm a first time buyer and in the process of looking at a few places at the moment but Im in the same boat as the OP. Need to get a solicitor soon so has anyone any updated recommandations as this thread is a few years old?

Someone that wont cost a fortune and knows what they're doing, because I certainly don't.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Guys I'm a first time buyer and in the process of looking at a few places at the moment but Im in the same boat as the OP. Need to get a solicitor soon so has anyone any updated recommandations as this thread is a few years old?

Someone that wont cost a fortune and knows what they're doing, because I certainly don't.:o

ring around and get a price from each one and go with the cheapest ya can as every solicitor charges differently for doin this

If you want to drop me a PM I can give you the details of the solicitor we've used for various house purchases over the years.

SSE

If you want to drop me a PM I can give you the details of the solicitor we've used for various house purchases over the years.

SSE

Pm sent

• Advertisement

ring around and get a price from each one and go with the cheapest ya can as every solicitor charges differently for doin this

I don't mind ringing around but getting a recommendation of one or two people is worth alot. :)

Pm sent

Reply sent, good luck with your searching and purchase!

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Sonya Kennedy of Purcell Cullen Kennedy did our conveyancing and we had moved into our home within a month of our initial viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mur1983

Does anyone know if Mark Walsh stills works in Peter O'Connor I don't see him on their website?
    http://poc.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Mur1983 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Mark Walsh stills works in Peter O'Connor I don't see him on their website?
    http://poc.ie/
    No he is now a senior partner in Kenny Stephenson and Chapman on Park road

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mur1983

Thanks for that currently looking for solicitor for house purchase in Waterford. I cant use my own solicitor as he is from same firm as the sellers HD Keane & Co.

Any fresh recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Yes - Mark Walsh in Kenny Stephens & Chapman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Recommendations = none

A broad recommendation would be for solicitors to be removed from Ireland and planted on the moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

So would I...

And me, stear clear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

POOR OP MUST BE SITTING ON A GOOD LUMP OF NEGATIVE EQUITY AT THIS STAGE......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement