Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to say to UPC to get cheaper Bills?

Options
  • 23-03-2009 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

an ISP cancaellation department works in a way that they have certain packages waiting for people who are out of contract and want to cancel or migrate to another ISP

does anyone by any chance know what the situation is with UPC?

what offers they are allowed to give out?

does anyone here work in the UPC retention dept?

id like to know what to say to them, who i should say im moving to etc.. to get the cheapest offer for bb + digital

cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

From what I understand the UPC cancelations dept doesn't really seem to make mad offers like some companys, if you want to cancel they'll let you without any fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

the thing is that the people in cancellations work on commission therefore if you say you want a deal im sure they might work something out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Not in UPC's case though, I believe. If you tell them you're canceling, then that'll be the end of it. They know that they offer pretty much the cheapest (widely available) price per Mbps, so you can't say you're going to a cheaper and faster service. Even if you do say that, they'll likely say fine, go.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

So basically you are asking for advice on what lies to tell them so that you can get a better deal?:rolleyes:

UPC obviously don't care about customers - if they did they would provide better customer service so dont expect anything other than ''Goodbye'' thats if you even get that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

well i managed to get 20 quid a month off me bills so its all good :D

interesting fact though....

it costs 22 euro a month for basic telly, when it costs 20 for digital + basic :confused:

makes no sense to me

anyway, i think ireland needs more competition with television. damn small countries :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

chrism2007 wrote: »
    it costs 22 euro a month for basic telly, when it costs 20 for digital + basic :confused:

It's to motivate people to switch to digital, they plan to turn off analogue eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

chrism2007 wrote:
    well i managed to get 20 quid a month off me bills so its all good
    Care to share how - or what were the magic words? :)

Advertisement