Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting 11days for a delivery from Dublin

Options
  • 23-03-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Iv been waiting 11 days for a parcel to arrive from Dublin(Im in Cork). It was sent on the 13th of march and hasnt arrived to date. Unfortuantly the parcel wasnt sent registered so there is no way to track it. Iv rang an Post and they said there is nothing i can do as they need the sender to fill out an MP58 form at the An Post branch that they sold it in.

Has anyone ever had to wait this long for a delivery?

Edit: the parcel is small, contains a mobile phone boxed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Hogzy wrote: »
    Iv been waiting 11 days for a parcel to arrive from Dublin(Im in Cork). It was sent on the 13th of march and hasnt arrived to date. Unfortuantly the parcel wasnt sent registered so there is no way to track it. Iv rang an Post and they said there is nothing i can do as they need the sender to fill out an MP58 form at the An Post branch that they sold it in.

Has anyone ever had to wait this long for a delivery?

Edit: the parcel is small, contains a mobile phone boxed.

Technically you have been waiting 6 "business days". You can assume Saturday and Sundays would be dead days as far as sorting / delivering / processing is concerned. I'd hold on out there for another couple of days to see if it shows up.

You got a mobile phone sent through the post and didn't use registered mail? I assume it's not an expensive phone, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Bought it from adverts.ie and the seller didnt send it registered which is extremely annoying as my €260 could be gone down the drain for the sake of saving 2 or 3 euro!!!

Paddys day was last week aswell so thats only 5 working days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

€260 unregistered!? You've been conned, methinks.

3 questions to ask. Is the person who sold you the phone a new or recent registrant? Long time member would imply trust (though not a guarantee). How did you pay (cash, cheque, postal order, bank transfer, Paypal)? Paypal is the only one that would give you any protection. Did you contact the seller, and did you get a response?

You should have received it by now, so I'd say it's either lost, or was never sent in the first place.

jor el wrote: »
    €260 unregistered!? You've been conned, methinks.

3 questions to ask. Is the person who sold you the phone a new or recent registrant? Long time member would imply trust (though not a guarantee). How did you pay (cash, cheque, postal order, bank transfer, Paypal)? Paypal is the only one that would give you any protection. Did you contact the seller, and did you get a response?

You should have received it by now, so I'd say it's either lost, or was never sent in the first place.

Yup iv been onto the mods in adverts.ie, there helping me out and iv been onto the seller aswell. If been assured by people over there that its not a scam and i doubt it is, Its annoying though cos all of this could be avoided if it was sent registered!

I paid through paypal but paypal can only refund money if its in the paypal account... no guarantee it will be there, i dunno what to do 5 working days to get a parcel from the Largest Irish city to to the Second largest Irish city is a bit of a joke if it has in fact been sent... i mean there are at least 3 or four trucks a day going from cork to dublin with post, even more so im living about a mile from the sorting office in the suburbs of cork

By the by: Never again will i buy from adverts if the product isnt in Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Alcatel

You just have to sweat it out for another few days. But when having that kind of stuff sent, go AnPost registered... It's well worth the money: Insured and with a tracking number. You can even view the signature of whoever signed for it online, in case the guy next door nicks your parcel!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Start a Paypal dispute right now. A dispute will put the funds on hold, until it's sorted, if they're still in the account.

On the registered post, did you ask for that, or did the seller offer it at all? If you didn't ask, then it could be seen as your own fault, as you opted for non-registered delivery. Just something to bare in mind.

jor el wrote: »
    Start a Paypal dispute right now. A dispute will put the funds on hold, until it's sorted, if they're still in the account.

On the registered post, did you ask for that, or did the seller offer it at all? If you didn't ask, then it could be seen as your own fault, as you opted for non-registered delivery. Just something to bare in mind.

No i asked for it and made references to it throughout the PM's

(after the offer was accepted of course off thread dealing is wrong)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Never again will i buy from adverts if the product isnt in Cork
    Not usre that you can blame adverts as a whole for this, to be honest.

Not usre that you can blame adverts as a whole for this, to be honest.

Oh god im not... Its not adverts fault at all, Most likely the fault of An Post Or the seller. Its just my first time buying something from adverts and iv learned never to pay for something that cant be handed over straight away... Unless buying from a reputable seller of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Bought stuff from Hong Kong recently, took 4 days to get to Dublin, 14 days to get to Cork, don't worry just yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

registered post is no heaven but its a lot better than sticking a stamp on something valuable and hoping for the best

unfortunately lots of post gets lost/thieved and without a tracking number ul never know if your item was pilfered by an an post employee or the crooked seller never sent it at all

taram wrote: »
    Bought stuff from Hong Kong recently, took 4 days to get to Dublin, 14 days to get to Cork, don't worry just yet!

Thats different though because yours had to clear customs which can take a LONG time especially if its coming from Hong Kong or China due to the amount of counterfeit products they have
    anyways iv officially launched a paypal dispute, ill change that to a claim by the end of the week if it doesnt arrive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd say that the problem lies with An Post. Somehow your phone 'disappeared' along the way and won't be seen again.

Always Always send valuable items via registered post (at the very least).

dudara wrote: »
    I'd say that the problem lies with An Post. Somehow your phone 'disappeared' along the way and won't be seen again.

Always Always send valuable items via registered post (at the very least).

No need to tell me, I was the one who asked for it to be sent by registered post and because of the seller not doing that i am the one who is more than likely going to lose out financially!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

I'm the seller of this item. Hogzy, you never once asked for the item to be sent registered post. If you had done, i would've done so as it was you who was paying the postage.

As i did tell you in a PM though, the phone was posted out on Friday 13th AFTER 2pm. Therefore it's not actually been as many business days as you make out. I'd appreciate if you could at least get the facts right.

I'm concerned also that the item isn't there yet, but i've attempted to assist you ever step of the way on this and will continue to do so until the case is resolved.

Graeme1982 wrote: »
    I'm the seller of this item. Hogzy, you never once asked for the item to be sent registered post. If you had done, i would've done so as it was you who was paying the postage.

As i did tell you in a PM though, the phone was posted out on Friday 13th AFTER 2pm. Therefore it's not actually been as many business days as you make out. I'd appreciate if you could at least get the facts right.

I'm concerned also that the item isn't there yet, but i've attempted to assist you ever step of the way on this and will continue to do so until the case is resolved.

Apologies i should have mentioned that it wasnt sent till 2pm on friday therefore missing the friday despatch... Although thats still no excuse for an Post to not deliver it by now!!!!!
    I said to you in a PM that i priced the phone to be sent by registered post, I wouldnt have expected anything less for both our sakes! (ie. the knowledge of knowing where the parcel was and the fact that its insured)
    And yes you have been very helpful for the past few days and im not doubting your character as a one bit...

Funny, having read this thread i think you have indeed questioned my character. But anyway, i've no wish to get hostile on a public forum.

Fair enough you may have priced the phone, but you never once asked me to post the item registered post. I've sent many things through the post unregistered and never had a problem.

Guys, the Consumer Issues forum is not the place for this issue. Please attempt to resolve any problems via Adverts.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Would people ever relax, it's only been 5 full business days as St Patricks Day was last week and you can be sure An Post wouldn't have been the most efficient before and after.

I'd be very surprised if this didn't turn up by Friday.

dudara wrote: »
    Guys, the Consumer Issues forum is not the place for this issue. Please attempt to resolve any problems via Adverts.

dudara

The issue was being dealt with fine using PMs. Hogzy, for the second time, has decided to take it to a forum. I was merely sticking up for myself and correcting a few discrepancies made by the OP.

Anyway, as Bluetonic says, i too am extremely confident that Hogzy is merely over-reacting (again) and that the phone will arrive in the next few days.

• Advertisement

regardless of the buyer asking the seller should have insisted on reg post

if the phone doesnt arrive paypal wil give the buyer a full refund

even if it does arrive the buyer could say it didnt and still claim a full refund

its hard to believe that neither of you thought of registering an expensive phone

The issue was being dealt with fine using PMs. Hogzy, for the second time, has decided to take it to a forum. I was merely sticking up for myself and correcting a few discrepancies made by the OP.

Anyway, as Bluetonic says, i too am extremely confident that Hogzy is merely over-reacting (again) and that the phone will arrive in the next few days.

Apart from your own input where have i named you in this thread?

Hogzy wrote: »
    Apart from your own input where have i named you in this thread?

You didn't need to. Anyone who wanted to know more could simply click on your name in adverts and find out who the seller was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

I did notice some delays in parcel lately (last month), they were posted to UK so delay could also be in Royal Mail side not an-post, it was taking over 3 weeks for parcels to reach UK, in the past only took about a week.

Even if not sent register post office will issue a receipt when posted, it should show when it was posted and the destination country (I think), so that could be the proof of postage, if you are in Dublin I think most post offices do have a collection around 4pm each day.

Hope OP's gets the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

I can't remember the exact number of days but I know for a paypal dispute you have to act within the first few days of transaction for the dispute to be dealt with efficiently otherwise they say it is not their priority and put it on the back burner. I have been waiting ten weeks for paypal to evn begin proceedings on a dispute I had.

ohanloj3 wrote: »
    I can't remember the exact number of days but I know for a paypal dispute you have to act within the first few days of transaction for the dispute to be dealt with efficiently otherwise they say it is not their priority and put it on the back burner. I have been waiting ten weeks for paypal to evn begin proceedings on a dispute I had.

if youve been waiting ten weeks im afraid theres a problem,disputes may not be opened after 45days

Graeme1982 and Hogzy - While I appreciate the situation that both of you are in, this forum is not the appropriate place to have this discussion.

dudara

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I sell a few bits and bobs on eBay (and occasionally Adverts) and after an experience with a panicky UK buyer (item didn't arrive NextDay) I decided that if someone pays me for an item then it will be sent registered post.

The cost is factored into the price and it means that I have peace of mind if the delivery service fouls up or if I encounter a dodgy buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Electrician

I ordered a phone in December through work. Was told it would take 2 working days. After 4 weeks they sent me another one as i really needed it. The original phone finally arrived last week. There was postal stickers from Germany and Amsterdam on it. It was posted from Dublin to Portlaoise. An post refunded the postage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Easily could be the post office that you used to send the phone,
    My sister sent up some birthday treats for my Children last year by registered post on a wednesday and it didn't arrive until the following wednesday.

Registered post is by no means a guarantee of fast delivery although it was an isolated incident.

Advertisement