Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT handsets ?

Options
  • 23-03-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Not sure if this is most appropriate place, but I'm wondering if any of the phone/broadband providers sell / rent handsets (cordless or otherwise) to their customers?

I've been with BT (phone + broadband) for a few years, and seeing as we didn't really use the landline much, we made do with an old wired handset (non-cordless). However we've started to use landline a lot more lately, so I'd like to get a decent cordless/portable jobbie... I called up BT sales, and the guy I spoke to said BT don't sell handsets at all.

Is this the case with most (all?) phone providers now? I think I remember eircom used to do a range of handsets at a discount to their customers, not sure if they still do...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Aldi have (or did have) Tevion branded cordless phones, and you can pop into any 3G store and buy them (mostly Siemens brand). Tesco probably sell them too, but be aware that they will probably have a BT type connector and not the RJ11 that we use here, so you'll either need to pick up an adaptor or a new lead to replace the one that comes with the phone.

Dont bother renting a handset from Eircom (and yes they still do that) because you'll end up paying out more than the phone would cost to buy in a short space of time.

Advertisement