Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socs

Options
  • 23-03-2009 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭

What do you like/dislike about the various Socs?

Apart from Netsoc I didn't really join any socs till this semester - the Adventure Soc. It's been a good laugh so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

I haven't been involved in any societies for the last two years, but I was involved with the Drama Soc in first and second year. It was a lot of fun. I really think getting involved in them is a good idea. Kinda wish I had gotten more involved at the start now.

The only problem I find with societies is that they can at times negatively impact your academics. You do kinda need to have your priorities in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Oh, I'm in the Adventure soc too, actually!
    Haven't gone on any of the trips or anything yet though...

Radio soc is probably the one club I'm actually involved in.

The DJ soc is a really cool idea, but they never really do anything with it...
    Said they were going to have tutorials this year, but that never happened :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

I was always tempted to join the freestyle soc, but I'm just not that bendy. They used to have training downstairs in Maelruains while drama soc had meetings upstairs.

Looked like so much fun.

Advertisement