Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Experience Plus and More

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The €0.49 gone is definitely a good thing, but they have increase a few things slightly.

Landline were €0.19, are now €0.30.

Texts which were €0.11 are now €0.13 to other networks.

They are doing another big marketing campaign for this one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pepperds

Davy wrote: »
    Texts which were €0.13 are now €0.15 to other networks.

Not sure where you saw this but texts are listed on the two links above as staying at 13c

pepperds wrote: »
    Not sure where you saw this but texts are listed on the two links above as staying at 13c

meant 11 to 13, must have been looking at voicemail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

O2 to other networks was always 13c per sms the call rates on this plan are now the same as 3 30c per call is there any other catches? Is it worth moving from o2's existing free any network text to this new one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

do you still have to pay for voicemail?

• Advertisement

mathew wrote: »
    do you still have to pay for voicemail?

15c
    You need to be on billpay for free voicemail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

mcguyver wrote: »
    O2 to other networks was always 13c per sms the call rates on this plan are now the same as 3 30c per call is there any other catches?

There are no "catches". And its not 30c per call, its 30c per minute.
    Is it worth moving from o2's existing free any network text to this new one?

Probably. As it stands, someone on the old plan would pay 49c/min to call other networks, now it is 30c.

On the flip side, calls to o2/landlines go up from 19c to 30c.

Just to add what you said, once you haven't topped up, the calls wont be €0.30 anymore, they will be €0.35

is there any other catches?

You must top up by €20 in one go every 30 days. This is not the case on old experience plans.

If you don't top up by €20 in one payment then texts to Irish mobiles will cost 13c and a flat rate of 35c applies for calls to Irish landlines and mobiles.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I assume if calls to o2 numbers are free you can call 0865XXXXXXXX (5 before number = voicemail) for free voicemail?

Also best not to topup when moving plans until right before your due the next €20.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    I assume if calls to o2 numbers are free you can call 0865XXXXXXXX (5 before number = voicemail) for free voicemail?

Also best not to topup when moving plans until right before your due the next €20.

Yes, once you are activated on the plan you can dial 5 in front it wont recognise it as a voicemail call and you wont be charged. Otherwise you will be charged the 15cent.

And on the topping up. Anytime you do topup on this new plan by €20 or more a new billing period will start. On the own plans people were stalling on topping up to wait for the next cycle to get full value, o2 has combated this now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

And on the topping up. Anytime you do topup on this new plan by €20 or more a new billing period will start.

that's a very good idea....is it correct...

that's a very good idea....is it correct...

Very much so my friend, they have got heads together on this one.
    If you top up again by €20 in one payment before 30 days expires then a new 30 day period commences. This excludes any drip fed or promotional credit received each month.

Very much so my friend, they have got heads together on this one.

Yea it looks good, does it beat meteors pre pay...(will the kids start switching?)

Yea it looks good, does it beat meteors pre pay...(will the kids start switching?)

Well do kids prefer ducks or genies? Answer that one, and you have your answer ;)

Ducks FTW!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

As an o2 customer I'm happy enough with this.

But I think there is strong evidence to suggest that Vodafone, O2 and Meteor are now engaging in price fixing, as their prepay price plans are now all very similar (the exact same in some areas), and they all offer free on net calls/texts or free any network text.

Are there laws against this type of practice (price fixing)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 findabreak.ie

Personally very happy with this also , have combined Plus with a 200 text bundle which should cover all my non 02 texts so reckon between the €20 and €12 text bundle €32 will cover me for the month on this new plan. Will be great if it does - topups for the past 30 days were €140 !!!

On the price fixing thing , I think it could be argued that its competition. Saw the below analogy on another site which I think gives a good view...

Price matching, scenario A:
    Coke changes their price.
    Pepsi reacts to this by changing their price to match.

Price matching, scenario B:
    Coke increases their price.
    Pepsi doesn't change their price. Coke probably has to revert to their old price, or lose lots of sales to Pepsi.

Price FIXING:
    Coke calls Pepsi on the phone and says "Let's both raise our prices by this amount, starting on that day." Pepsi: "Okay, good plan".

Price matching is perfectly legal. Price fixing is not.

Advertisement