Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passing the Days in Kerry

Options
  • 23-03-2009 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Now that their is a nice stretch in the evenings, how does everyone pass their time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

On my last day off, the day was simply glorious so some friends and I went for a drive and ended up in Castlecove where it was absolutely beautiful, will definitely be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

For the last few days I have been driving around the county in the good weather. Went to the cliffs of moher in Clare last week was fantastic. Its great to see a bit of sun back again :)

Must head to dingle and other places when it gets good again. Its a bit dull here now where I live in Brosna :(

Where would you recommend places for a good driving experience once the good weather is back to see some nice scenery?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Ring of kerry is a good drive,but it takes a day.Drive to dingle over the conor pass on a good day is nice.
    I often jump in one of me cars and just go off with no plan,stick a good cd on the cd player..sunny days are meant for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

What I have always found is that the best day-trips & the best drives are the un-planned trips. Just fill the car with good company and good road-music and just not care what part of the county you end up in and make the most of the time off/away. Highly recommend it :D

oh, don't forget the full tank of petrol either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

One of our favourites is the Rossbeigh Strand early in the morning or in the light evenings before sunset, when few people are around. This is a very well known spot, but be careful this year. The sea broke through in December and at certain states of the tide the end of the spit is isolated - keep an eye on the tide tables before you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I love to get out on the mountain bike when the weather is decent.
    Don't really know of that many decent spots around Kerry though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Fishing photography orienteering hiking we have some world class places for wind surfing as well (tried it a couple of times its very hard!! and i look like a blimp in a wet suit:D)

recently joined a kerry choral union. doing a musical with tralee musical society out of that too. (Titanic the musical! :eek:) and looking for a job

And yeah South kerry is cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I've gone down to Kells in South Kerry a couple of times fishing with a few buddys. There's a lovely little pier thing down there on some little headland that juts out into the ocean, with a tiny beach inside on your right hand side cut off from everywhere.

Absolutely gorgeous when the weather is good...

Advertisement