Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keep fit in meath

Options
  • 23-03-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

i'm looking for somewhere i can maybe get into some kickboxing, circuit training, boxercise type of thing. not necessarily only as a member of a gym, but really just somewhere i could get into this kind of thing

i'm closer to the enfield/ballivor/trim side of meath

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

nowhere????

damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Was actually reading a flyer today for the Aura gym in Trim and Im fairly sure they mentioned boxercise. You dont have to be a member either

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

The Aura in Navan does Ciruit Training, Boxercise and Spinning amoungst other things. So the Aura in Trim may well have the same. Bear in mind the Aura in Trim is only just opened. You would be best giving them a buzz to see what they have on offer or what they have planned. Like the TheNog said you can go on a 'pay as you go' basic.

By the way may I recommend the Fitness forum (under Rec) on this site; I found it very usefull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

thanks TheNog and Malman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Kenpo karate in Trim and Ballivor I think. If interested PM me and I can pass you on mobile numbers of the instructors for follow up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

poindexter wrote: »
    i'm looking for somewhere i can maybe get into some kickboxing, circuit training, boxercise type of thing. not necessarily only as a member of a gym, but really just somewhere i could get into this kind of thing

i'm closer to the enfield/ballivor/trim side of meath

try Turf cutting its great excercise, just dont get caught, 'its illegal'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 alscrxangels

The new Sports and Leisure centre in Trim is pretty good. They're doing some good deals on membership now I think. Go in and ask them for a free pass for the day and they'll gladly oblige. The pool is big enough, the gym has a good lot of stuff in it, the multi purpose room houses all the classes including boxercise, spinning, fitball etc. Good all rounder and not too busy. I know a few people who joined the gym and they said the people there give a lot of support and don't just stand around. And that's not just at the beginning either, seemingly they're pretty pro-active at putting you through your paces every so often.

The Marriott in Johnstown, Enfield has a gym as well. My cousins are in it as well as my sister. It's compact but has everythng needed. The pools a bit small for doing any serious swimming if youre into that sort of stuff but there are some classes that you can do. It's a bit dearer than than Trim and I dont know if it's better at all. It can get cramped at times.

That's all I know around that area, and I'm from there.

Advertisement