Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick gang member kills himself in accidental shooting [merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Well at least no one can say ," He fired blanks "

Even if he had he'd still have killed himself holding the gun to his head and pulling the trigger.

For all the people saying he's still someones son, look at how many people are saying he's no loss to society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Akantha

FruitLover wrote: »

Are we not allowed describe Pol Pot as an inhuman monster because he's popped his clogs?

Hard to tell really. You probably can but then maybe you can't?
    You can't really refer to the charter or rule book on this one.

From my brief experience with death threads it depends what mod is logged on or what mood they are in, possibly what their personal stance/back ground/upbringing/religion/alcohol consumption/employment status/fuk knows/what way the wind is blowing/dodgy box still working, factors are at play

I guess it is more of a suck it a see situation rather than a dip the old toe in the water and hope a shark don't bite your leg off scenario.

Either way my phone was ran over 5 mins ago by a forklift.

RIP Nikia 3110 Classic. You will be missed but not as much as the contacts that were not backed up :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Akantha wrote: »

RIP Nikia 3110 Classic. You will be missed but not as much as the contacts that were not backed up :(

Oh my god I'm so sorry for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Your phone was whore. Someone had to say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Alcatel

I, for one, would like to extend my deepest sympathy for the lost phone. Nokia's are usually stalwart pillars of our lives, and I'm sure it will be missed. It didn't throw itself out under the forklift by accident, did it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Id usually be the first to say go easy on the piss taking of a dead man.

But in this case, Id say this is pretty ****ing funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

herr0 wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0323/collopyp.html

He was a target not just of Limerick gardaí but also of the Criminal Assets Bureau, which seized a horse, two cars and a substantial amount of cash from the gang.

Only in ireland :pac:!

Guess the name of the horse?????.....

Trigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Alcatel wrote: »
    I, for one, would like to extend my deepest sympathy for the lost phone. Nokia's are usually stalwart pillars of our lives, and I'm sure it will be missed. It didn't throw itself out under the forklift by accident, did it?
    Now now, let's not get off topic. We're all here reminiscing about this wonderful weekend: Rugby, boxing,thug count.......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This is a f*cking hilarious story. It's like something out of a Quentin Tarantino film or something.

RIP Phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,395 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

When's the funeral?

Honey-ec wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0323/collopyp.html

" Mr Collopy died in the Mid Western Regional Hospital at 8.30pm last night.
    A post mortem examination, due to be carried out by the Deputy State Pathologist this afternoon, will confirm the cause of death

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say bullet wound to the head!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

When is it ok to laugh at someones death? When its an accident? When its a highly publicised event?

When they put a gun to their own head without checking if it's loaded and pull the trigger in an attempt to teach others how to kill someone (like they would never have worked that out :rolleyes:). He deserved it, the fucking tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

rarnes1 wrote: »
    When's the funeral?

Which one? Limerick dude or the nokia one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

One down hundreds to go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 herr0

Nforce wrote: »
    Guess the name of the horse?????.....

Trigger?

yay! someone actually read my story. Now read the story on the RTÉ page i linked to.

:pac: I think you'll see what i did there. :)

(i'm a naughty devil).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

BEST.STORY.EVER.

A classic in every sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Neither do I but why are you not thinking of the children on this one and relatives of his who might stumble across this thread and be horrified.

I though you for one Terry understood this? One should never speak ill of the dead.

RIP Philip, life may have brought you down a road some travel but a lot don't but I am sure you have family and friend who will be mourning you.
    Fúck him and his drug dealer cronies.
    I have no sympathy for people who go around shooting innocent people all because two skangers had a playground fight.

Victor_M wrote: »
    Excuse me Mr. high horse, Jade Goody, what ever you thought about her did no harm to any one else, in fact she will probably ending up saving a few lives through her publicising cervical cancer, this scumbag on the other hand was a parasite, inflicted misery on all those around him, he doesn't deserve micron of sympathy, good enough for him, in fact it's the best/funniest news I've heard in quite a while.
    Attack the post, not the poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

The dead Nokia mobile phone will be in my prayers :( how sad....
    Now, what was that about some knacker toppin himself??!:pac:

Members of the armed garda regional support unit were on patrol when a man came running out of the house and alerted them to the shooting.
    OH PLEASE MR GARDA, PLEASE HELP US.

Scum 5,435,034 | Normal decent people 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Neither do I but why are you not thinking of the children on this one and relatives of his who might stumble across this thread and be horrified.

I though you for one Terry understood this? One should never speak ill of the dead.

RIP Philip, life may have brought you down a road some travel but a lot don't but I am sure you have family and friend who will be mourning you.

This is the most ridiculous post I have read all day. Sympathy shouldn't be had on clusterfúcks like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

but think of the employment this will create.. we'll say he had 5 girlfriends maybe a wife 4 r 5 kids brothers sisters and friends.. so imagine all the flowers.. 'friend' 'husband' 'boyfriend' fiance' 'ex' 'son' 'dad' 'daddy' etc. etc. flowers of guns, horses and bullets and so on.. them kind of funerals notorious for them kind of flowers.. not to mention a fancy casket so the maggots can't ate him.. then of course every fool and his wife will get his face tattoo'd on them like the last one of them that died, a few more now and limerick will be booming..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Seveal hours on from me first reading this news and it's still funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

all i can say is live by the sword die by the sword or gun in this case

definately only in ireland

like the guy in blanchardstown who couldn't understand how the gardai caught up with him after robbing a take away ,,,he was at a party the night before and someone wrote oh his forehead mug in big black letters so everyone recognised him up the road home..idiots the lots of em

they deserve whats coming as they say what goes around comes around he must have shot one or two in his time only fair he shoot himself balance that karma..idiot..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

You gotta give it to him.. Some people are all talk and no action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

ilovecars wrote: »
    but think of the employment this will create.. we'll say he had 5 girlfriends maybe a wife 4 r 5 kids brothers sisters and friends.. so imagine all the flowers.. 'friend' 'husband' 'boyfriend' fiance' 'ex' 'son' 'dad' 'daddy' etc. etc. flowers of guns, horses and bullets and so on.. them kind of funerals notorious for them kind of flowers.. not to mention a fancy casket so the maggots can't ate him.. then of course every fool and his wife will get his face tattoo'd on them like the last one of them that died, a few more now and limerick will be booming..

He'll get all that, but you really believe those concerned will 'get round' to paying for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Let alone how stupid he was to shoot himself, how thick are him and his mates that he has to put a gun to his head and pull the triiger to explain to them how to kill someone?
    While I think we need to wait for any criminal hearings and a coroners court, sometimes guns go off without a deliberate pull of the trigger.

Let this be a gun safety warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Victor wrote: »
    While I think we need to wait for any criminal hearings and a coroners court, sometimes guns go off without a deliberate pull of the trigger.

Let this be a gun safety warning.

Nope, being the dumb scumbag he was he decided to "show da boyz how u shoot someone in the head", took out the clip and forgot to check the chamber and pulled the trigger himself. ****in priceless.

Also caught on camera phone, most likely to show all the lads later how hard he was, but now to be used when in need of a good hearty laugh. Damn, I'd pay good money to see that :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

The problem is, whether comical or not, gloating over this death diminishes us all.

Advertisement