Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick gang member kills himself in accidental shooting [merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I think i was misunderstood on this thread. I think ShooterSF was the only one that picked up on where i was coming from. I'm not going to say i'm glad he's dead, but i do think its funny.
    I can imagine the post mortem, though. "So Dr, what seems to be the CoD?" "Duh, the frigging hole in his head, lets go for a beer."
    Some are saying that his mates were pissing him off, and he just lost the head. Badum tsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

kaizer05 wrote: »
    I can't believe what i'm reading here someone accidently lost there life and all everyone wants to talk about is some scumbag that blew his own head off

Don't worry Nokia 3110 classic ill be praying for you lol

Someone accidentally killed themselves with a gun they were most likely going to use to kill someone else. We should be celebrating that he's been removed from the gene pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Just saw this on the 9 o'clock news.

I have milk and cornflakes nearly coming out my nose from laughing so much.

But the absolute best bit was the look on Paul Reanold's face as he said "not only are they a danger to others, but also a danger to themselves"

Good man Paul, you're laughing on the inside, I'm laughing on the outside :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

The irony of it all is that he only did the demonstration because he didn't want to lose face in front of the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

lose face lolzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Mr. Lizard, I doff my hat. I confer* on you the official title of AH Lord of the One-Liners

*unofficially

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kaizer05

DarkJager wrote: »
    Someone accidentally killed themselves with a gun they were most likely going to use to kill someone else. We should be celebrating that he's been removed from the gene pool.

If you read my post again you'll see i have more pity for the "Nokia phone" that tragically perished lol, and not the scumbag that completely deserved it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

That one just went right over your head didn't it?

And Mr. Lizard, you deserve a medal for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

so the glock went a head last weekend then !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

A piece of filth dies after shooting himself in the head?

R.I.P (Rot In Pieces)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ha ha what a numpty. Delighted though. Must go to limerick sometime and ask all the scumbags how to kill someone.
    Himself and Francesca Annobile are definately up for Darwins this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.

Signed: J Donne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.

Signed: J Donne.

He's dead too though. Lolz!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Congratulations on the man for doing his bit for the recession. He has just saved the State around two hundred euro a week in dole payments
    http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR07000302
    Possession of firearm or ammunition in suspicious circumstances - maximum sentence of 14 years imprisonment and a mandatory minimum sentence of 5 years imprisonment;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Relevant wrote: »
    This will only lead to more tit for tat shootings. There is a lad from the other gang about to blow his own brains out as we speak
    LMAO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Read his post fully. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DeltaHotel26

Maybe the solution to the problems in Limerick would be to hand out a few more loaded guns to these guys rather than trying to take them off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Russian Roullette with an semi-automatic pistol

There's already a Darwin Award for that, IIRC. If it is a DA, it'll be the first from Ireland.

FINALLY, and international award worth celebrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 herr0

Am I the only one who finds it just a bit suspicious that at a gathering of criminals one of them is killed and the explaination is "he accidentaly shot himself" :rolleyes:.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

herr0 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds it just a bit suspicious that at a gathering of criminals one of them is killed and the explaination is "he accidentaly shot himself" :rolleyes:.
    We'll never know for certain, if only there was some CCTV or video evidence where the rest could prove their innocence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

We'll never know for certain, if only there was some CCTV or video evidence where the rest could prove their innocence.

It was recorded in video on a mobile phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

How come all these scumbags aren't in jail right now, given that nearly all of them have guns? They just do what they like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

herr0 wrote: »

There's dangerous criminals, and 'dayngrous Kriminuls'.....

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    We're giving him a bit of stick here but apparently the people who knew him considered him to be a man of high calibre.

Not sure which is funnier, the actual incident, or all the gun puns in this thread:D

WP Mr.Lizard

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Oh how embarrassing that must have been when he pulled the trigger.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

ye all are a barrell of laughs - triggering side splits of laughter - he he he ;)think i am just shooting myself in the foot here (better than the head i suppose)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Just been Reading through this thread and I have to say it's cheered me up big time. I hope the stupid toe rag rots in hell.

Tago Mago wrote: »
    How come all these scumbags aren't in jail right now, given that nearly all of them have guns? They just do what they like
    A lot of this is down to the judiciary not imposing mandatory sentences. IMHO this makes witnesses less likely to come forward and reduces Garda incentive to allocate more resources. What's the point if you have to go through it all again in a years time.

If someone pleads guilty to murder they get a mandatory life sentence.

But if someone is found guilty of certain drug offences then the 10 year mandatory sentence is very rarely imposed, even though many involved have criminal records. /RANT

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/justice/criminal-law/criminal-trial/types-of-sentences
    Minimum sentences

Generally, sentencing is left to the discretion of the judge. There are however, are a number of laws which take this discretion away from the judge and obliges the judge to impose at least a minimum sentence.

If, for example, you are found guilty of possession of drugs with a value greater than €13,000 under Section 15A of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1977 , Section 27 of the Act as amended by Section 33 of the Criminal Justice Act 2007 provides for a minimum sentence of 10 years imprisonment. Similarly, the Criminal Justice Act 2006 has introduced a number of new offences in relation to firearms which carry a minimum sentence if you are convicted on indictment. If it is your first offence, the judge has discretion to impose a lesser sentence, having regard to such things as a guilty plea or assistance provided to the Gardaí. If, however, it your second or subsequent drugs/firearms offence, then the minimum sentence applies.

counter arguments here
    http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/2007/03/18/story21924.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 L_Mn

Will there be a revenge murder for this?

Can't you see the headline 'Members of the gang lured the offending gun into a meeting place where it was killed in revenge for the death of Mr.Collopy'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

I can imagine the video on the confiscated mobile phone went something like this...

"Hi, I'm Philip Collopy, welcome to Jackass!"

Advertisement