Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loughmore Roundabout

Options
  • 23-03-2009 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Anyone help me in finding the Loughmore roundabout in Limerick ?

Ideally I need a map reference or a google map photo..........

Cheers

Andi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

What is it you're looking for that's near this roundabout, might help narrow it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think its this one (open to correction though)

http://url.ie/1csn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

foinse wrote: »
    What is it you're looking for that's near this roundabout, might help narrow it down.

Its the roundabout itself !! - I'm an accident investigator based in Cork - I've been told its a single lane roundabout & would just like to locate it on a map & ideally view it on google earth - it may save me a journey....

Found this on the FBD Ras cycle route is it helps narrow it down
    Quinns Cross Roundabout, 2nd exit dir Cork N21..........Raheen Roundabout, 3rd exit dir Tralee................ Loughmore Roundabout, 2nd exit dir Patrickswell on R526........... Roundabout, 2nd exit dir Patrickswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ok judging by these directions I found on google, the roundabout from the link I posted above is Loughmore roundabout (I'm 95% positive). Click the "Satellite" button and zoom in to see the road layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Mr E I think your right, here is a pic from map.live

LoughmoreRbout.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Ah right, heading out from South court, heading towards Patrickswell, I know the one and yeah that pic is it.

Thanks guys - yep that must be the one as it was described as having a left & a right, but 'no straight ahead' !!:D

Just saved me a journey - mucho appreciated !

Andi

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It is NOT a single lane roundabout.

Berty wrote: »
    It is NOT a single lane roundabout.

Exactly...thats what I needed to find out ! - with two lanes it provides the answer to the accident.

Cheers again to all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

here, andi, while ur here..

coming from the right hand side of that picture, and intending to take the second exit, which lane should they be in on approach?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I would say the lane with the arrow pointing straight ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I would say the lane with the arrow pointing straight ahead

Yes, I would agree, unless otherwise indicated to take the other lane which in the case of this roundabout you are not directed to take any other lane other than the left lane.

This is not crazy Co Kerry or even crazier Co Mayo you know. :P

all those arrows are pointing "straight ahead" are they not?

Seeing as there are no arrows (sorry) you would take the left hand lane for going straight on, i would imagine!

I zoomed in. http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=ss3c8fg89jv7&style=b&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=27669463&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

this is why i asked. two lanes, 2 exits, less than 180degrees, no arrows. Clear that the law would be left lane, with the right for about turn only, but it would be interesting to hear what andip thinks, as an accident investigator, to see which way the insurance companies would decide. Really, that roundabout SHOULD have signs and arrows directing traffic wishing to take the second exit to use the right lane, as this would be much safer, and allow the traffic to flow better IMO.

Would it be safer? I dont think it would. What if someone decides to take the LHL and there are people out there like that, meaning it would be more dangerous for inside car i would imagine?!

Would it be safer? I dont think it would. What if someone decides to take the LHL and there are people out there like that, meaning it would be more dangerous for inside car i would imagine?!
    this is all purely hypothetical, but in an ideal situation, with well-marked directions, a sign before the junction telling you which lane to use etc,and everyone indicating (:rolleyes:) then if someone used the lhl, they'd be at fault. i just find that a lot of people coming from the dell side tend to pull out in front of traffic in the LHL presuming that they are turning left

Which Dell side are you talking about?

And i like the rolling eyes for indicator usage :D

Edit: never mind, i know what you mean, same can be said for this roundabout:

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=ss4qrgg8crgj&style=b&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=27669150&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

Lets say if you are coming from crescent sc, and you want to head straight on, you would take 2nd exit, but its hard to know when eejits never indicate when they want to head off in rosbrien direction. Anyways back to what i was talking about, people coming from dual carriageway are taking huge risk and always seem to pull out in front of lhl drivers. Personally i think the roundabout isnt big enough.

Which Dell side are you talking about?

And i like the rolling eyes for indicator usage :D

Edit: never mind, i know what you mean, same can be said for this roundabout:

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=ss4qrgg8crgj&style=b&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=27669150&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

Lets say if you are coming from crescent sc, and you want to head straight on, you would take 2nd exit, but its hard to know when eejits never indicate when they want to head off in rosbrien direction. Anyways back to what i was talking about, people coming from dual carriageway are taking huge risk and always seem to pull out in front of lhl drivers. Personally i think the roundabout isnt big enough.
    at least that one has arrows though :D
    I'd just be ver curious as to how andip sees this.

PLEASE COME BACK ANDIP!

three sides of the roundabout have arrows zuroph.

• Advertisement

three sides of the roundabout have arrows zuroph.
    yeah, the cedar down entrance to the rbout is a single lane, so no need.

Advertisement