Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh the pain!!

Options
  • 23-03-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Well after 15 years of smoking i finally stopped smoking.
    Ive been off them since last Thursday which im feeling great about! Even thinking about having another smoke turns my stomach! :D

Although the last 2 days have been agony, couching up blood, my chest feels like matches are being flared in it every time i cough etc.... Absolute hell! But i know in the long run im better off!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Well done!!
    Coughing is to be expected when you quit, but I think bloody mucous is something you'd want to go see the doc about!
    Just quit myself,
    Keep it up!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Well i ended up getting a chest AND throat infection! :mad:
    It completely sucked!

Typical!
    Well at least you won't be tempted to cheat & have a drag! Thats always the way with me when I'm sick, a smoke is the last thing I want!
    Hope you feel better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

I got a horrible chest infection a week ago, right after I had my last cigarette. Found it so easy to give up cos I was sick. Although last night I had few drinks and the cravings came back, just ignored them and they went eventually.

The infection is gone but how long will I be coughing for?

You'll be coughing a lot more because of the chest infection!
    I think the lungs can clear themselves even up to a year after quitting smoking!
    From my last experience I only felt the need to clear my throat rather then a cough for about a month after I quit.
    If you were taking an expectorant while you were sick, I'm sure it would have helped to get most of the gunk out.
    Glad you're still doing well.
    Keep it up!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 amibahabri

seriously, well done! it takes effort, but just keep the good work

Advertisement