Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massaman Curry

• 23-03-2009 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I'm thinking of making a Massaman Curry for a few friends. Anyone with any ideas for a good one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rocklord42

A few tips on Massaman:

1) Use cheaper cuts of meat, with fat, bone and flavour - if chicken use the thighs, beef use shank or short rib. Braise the meat with the curry paste and about a tablespoon of coconut and a couple of teaspoons of sugar before the rest goes in.
    2) Try and cook it about two or three days before you're going to eat it, then bring it up to the boil everyday for half an hour or so, massively improves the flavour. The onion helps it thicken over this time too.
    3) Use roosters as the potatoes, and leave the small ones for something else as you will need spuds that don't go to mush given that you're going to be cooking it for probably three hours or so
    4) Use the Thai Gold paste, coconut and nam plaa, it works.

My favourite curry !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I know there's the Mai Ploy?? Massaman paste. They make very good pastes. When I ate it in Thailand, I used to get breast of chicken diced, potato, sweet potato, onion and roasted unsalted nuts.

I particularly love the addition of sweet potato.

Advertisement