Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpedestrianising John Robert's Square

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Sully wrote: »

The problem is the lack of decent shops, fair prices, cafes and other shops which will attract footfall. Parking is not a problem, we have loads of spaces. You can still drop people at various ends (Clock Tower - right beside the AIB, Patrick St. - right beside Supermacks, beside the Gingerman, beside the Jewlers near Dunnes etc) with a very short walk anyway.

if i agreeded with the post anymore id burst into flames, its so true, the shop in the City center usually have the same old (and very overpriced) stock in them, I dont buy the argument about cars in the city center, I mean FFS have we gotten that lazy where we can't simply walk to a shop?!

I dont mean to get on my highhorse here but when business is poor u bet ur arse shops react here very quickly to it, not the Waterford "ohh sure we will wait and see" approch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

magick wrote: »
    I dont mean to get on my highhorse here but when business is poor u bet ur arse shops react here very quickly to it, not the Waterford "ohh sure we will wait and see" approch
    Unfortunately a lot of Ireland is like this :(
    Somethin goes wrong its look for other things to blame instead of looking to see how to sort it yourself.A lot of these businesses need to realise this or things are gonna get even bleaker :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Opening John Roberts square would be a disaster,the amount of traffic passing up and down that street not to mention the amount of trucks would be a nightmare its fine as it is,as for egans the reason they closed was that they were offered £5-6 million for it by penneys head company.

Advertisement