Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Rickman at L&H on Thursday for JJ Award?

Options
  • 23-03-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭

I'd be interested if anyone knows what's happening here, if anything. Posters for this went up on Friday, I think, but most were gone by Monday morning. (Some are still up between the Science & Ag.Sci. blocks.) It's also still listed in the UCD Events calendar. It might be off - or it might be changed to a ticketed event, which would mean new posters. Either way, I hope Alan does make an appearance, and I bet he has some amazing stories to tell about e.g. Truly, Madly, Deeply or Die Hard. :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

You forgot his most classic and well known role in Galaxy Quest ;)

I'm looking forward to this though and was wondering what the story with the lack of posters were. Hopefully it's still going ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Another coup for the L&H, they've been class this year

Dave! wrote: »
    Another coup for the L&H, they've been class this year

When they give me Philip Seymour Hoffman and Chris Jericho like they promised I'll allow that statement.

I can't stand how they promise people then never give a reason. It's been Patrick Stewart for the last two years with lawsoc this year saying he's coming. At the start of this year they said Kate Winslet but now those running for auditor say they have her coming NEXT year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Brimmy wrote: »
    When they give me Philip Seymour Hoffman and Chris Jericho like they promised I'll allow that statement.

I demand Pyro in the Astra hall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

back on topic - AR can't make it............event postponed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

He was at Natasha Richardson's funeral at the weekend. It's likely that this caused unexpected changes in his schedule for the rest of the week.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer." Benefits of a classical education.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

The event has been move to tomorrow (Friday) not sure of the time tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There are posters back up, modified with a new time:

Friday, Arts Theatre P, 2PM

I'll try and make it, though I expect it might be a slightly sombre occasion for Mr. Rickman. :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Will they be checking student ID at the door?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer." Benefits of a classical education.

I could talk about industrialization and men's fashion all day, but I'm afraid work must intrude, and my associate, Theo, has some questions for you. Sort of fill in the blanks questions, actually

What a movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Will they be checking student ID at the door?

Wouldn't think so...

That was alright. Nice to see the lecture nearly packed on the short notice with the change.

I take it McAndrew won? Pity, think O'Daly would have been a better Auditor but congrats to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

The 90's favourite baddy comes to UCD! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The 90's? Must be his role as the Sheriff of Nottingham you're referring to... Die Hard is 1988. :D

He was very good. Lots of sensible questions from the floor as well.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement