Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm thinking of getting a 2nd cat

Options
  • 23-03-2009 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have a 4-5 yr old cat who was supposed to be an indoor cat but decided going out would be more fun!!!

Now I would like another.

I have seen my cat with others outside and know she's friendly towards them and is very social. However she goes mad should any other cat approach me or the apartment entrance. Spitting hissing swatting etc.

I was considering a Siamese but I think it'll be too difficult and I have some ethical issues with so many abandoned cats needing homes buying one doesn't seem right.

So I have settled on the idea of a longhaired just because I really like the look. I know they need more attention grooming possibly bathing etc.

I seen one on the DSPCA site however it says he's timid whereas Luka's quite outgoing and I think perhaps a little bully. Will this cause major issues?

Here he is anyway http://www.dspca.ie/homes_detail.php?number=1611&sectionnumber=10&type=Home Needed

Last question would 1 indoor cat and 1 outdoor be feasible or are they both gonna end up going out. Luka won't stay in and never has shown any interest in toys despite me buying plenty. I gave them to a friend who got a kitten.

Thanks for reading.

Advertisement