Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pier C & C

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I like number 3.

I don't find image 2 that interesting but everyone has their own preferences.

No. 1 lacks contrast. The wall to the right is too imposing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

#1- I like this a lot, I love the DOF. Unfortunately its a bit dark and I can't see enough of the birds details. I'd crop out the black wall on the right hand side too. But its a lovely capture.

#2- I'm not mad about.

#3- I think this is my favourite of the 3, I like the way the crane at the front is silhouetted and the whole image gives an impression of a very busy industrial scene. Nice shot.

I'm no expert or anything, thats just my 2 cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Why do people do a big quotation of the post that they're directly replying under!

Back to the C&C..

Really love the 3rd one!!!!
    2nd one if very good too! Maybe a tighter crop?

Don't see much in the 2nd one though.

This is prob much too tight but eh...

bird.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

gary82 wrote: »
    Why do people do a big quotation of the post that they're directly replying under!

Back to the C&C..

Really love the 3rd one!!!!
    2nd one if very good too! Maybe a tighter crop?

Don't see much in the 2nd one though.

This is prob much too tight but eh...

bird.jpg

Not that big of a quotation I don't think and you need to reference the photos often while you are reading a post.

I think that big quotations are bad though. I am using a very large resolution aswell.

I think that that crop you did has taken any space in the image out making it feel claustrophobic. The full size would be grand if there was no wall in the background.

There isn't enough detail on the main subject which is the bird. The lighting is just poor. It's never going to be a great image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

I couldn't resist, I had a little play also and came up with this. Hope you don't mind Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I really like the 3rd picture :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

+1 for TheNorthBank's version of the bird shot!
    Not that big of a quotation I don't think and you need to reference the photos often while you are reading a post.
    You quoted his entire post including all the photos! Edited now I see. Reference bits of it if you need or if discussing something that's not in the current flow of conversation. But quoting a full post directly underneath... why oh why. Pet hate! I don't even know if you were being funny doing it then again to my post! Anyway sorry OP don't want to distract from the C&C! Great shots! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I know others think there are improvements to be had on #1 but I kinda like it for the depth of field/resultant bokeh control that you've used. While its colours are muted again, I think with the depth of field selected that it is quite moody which works in the overall composition. Then again if that wasn't the object of the exercise then go with what the others say.

As an image i find #2 quite interesting. Probably as to what he object is but the slight desaturation works here too. I like it. Perhaps to position the gadget whatever it is (lighthouse?) a little further to the right of the frame but meh, then you might just end up with a clichéd lighthouse shot :) I like as is.

#3 is good but i'd like to see it crop'd not so tight in this case and even a little more on the silhouette side of things. I think a wider crop would give more context to the industrious scene that you had in front of you. The silhouetted gear provides the foreground interest that complements the background scene - again i'd suggest a little more context here with a wider crop.

Nice images overall.

gary82 wrote: »
    +1 for TheNorthBank's version of the bird shot!

You quoted his entire post including all the photos! Edited now I see. Reference bits of it if you need or if discussing something that's not in the current flow of conversation. But quoting a full post directly underneath... why oh why. Pet hate! I don't even know if you were being funny doing it then again to my post! Anyway sorry OP don't want to distract from the C&C! Great shots! ;)

I didn't see your mod status, firefox must be acting up.

OP,

Really love the third image, very nice shot. I like the first as well (the original). Not too keen on the second, there doesn't seem to be anything going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

#1 I like it but wonder what a very slightly larger DOF might have looked like.

#2 Not mad on this one, don't know what's off for me but it just doesn't really appeal

#3 Love it, very nice picture just as it is for my money :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

1 like it a lot but like others said a bit dark

2 like this as well. Unusual looking, where was it taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

#3 is my favourite.Nice feel to it:). I would'nt be mad about #1 or #2 would like the bird a little closer to front of image.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

I am like LeoB, Really like the third image, other two don't hold the same interest for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Really like Picture 1! You have captured the inquisitive side to the bird!
    P2 is nice
    Nice lighting in P3!!
    Over all Very good!

Advertisement