Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel Buddy Wanted!

• 23-03-2009 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey Im a 20 year old student. I really feel like traveling this Summer. My problem is that none of my friends can afford going abroad this Summer. :-( I really want to organise something for the Summer so I will work hard and pass my exams and not waste my Summer doing repeats!

Im havnt decided where id like to go. Maybe Europe, Asia or even the US. I heard bank of Ireland are doing 2k student loans so that will help pay for the trip! I just want to have a great experience this Summer and get out of this country for a while!

If youre in the same situation as myself perhaps we could get to know each other and try organise a great trip.

Gavin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Did you say something about the summer? ;)

Anyway, I'm sure you will meet plenty of people on your travels without the need to set it up before hand. The internet is full of weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Alan1988

go by ur self, it will be a lot more fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

Alan1988 wrote: »
    go by ur self, it will be a lot more fun!

i agree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Cecilia Ann

Hughser- I agree too....

Go it alone and you'll find you wont be alone for long....

Definitely the better bet versus trying to sort something out online..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Hugheser

Ok. THANKS for the advice everyone!

Im actually quite an independent person so traveling alone wouldn't bother me alot. I understand where you are coming from and in a way I do know why youre saying I should do it alone. Ive have learned from past experiences how beneficial it can be to do things alone.

Can anyone please recommend a trip that I could take alone then? And recommend the best way how to do it? My budget would be maximum 4k.

Below is a lil about myself if any of this is relevent!

I enjoy meeting new people;
    I enjoy relaxing and going to parties;
    I enjoy adventure and exploring (and taking photos!);
    Im not a heavy drinker but enjoy having a few beers (can live witout in other words!);
    I enjoy meeting new girls (this very much!);
    Im very active;
    I like the sun (i think this is very important to me because Im feeling quite run down and would like to recharge);

Id like a taste of paradise and some great experiences!

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

Hugheser wrote: »
    Ok. THANKS for the advice everyone!

Im actually quite an independent person so traveling alone wouldn't bother me alot. I understand where you are coming from and in a way I do know why youre saying I should do it alone. Ive have learned from past experiences how beneficial it can be to do things alone.

Can anyone please recommend a trip that I could take alone then? And recommend the best way how to do it? My budget would be maximum 4k.

Below is a lil about myself if any of this is relevent!

I enjoy meeting new people;
    I enjoy relaxing and going to parties;
    I enjoy adventure and exploring (and taking photos!);
    Im not a heavy drinker but enjoy having a few beers (can live witout in other words!);
    I enjoy meeting new girls (this very much!);
    Im very active;
    I like the sun (i think this is very important to me because Im feeling quite run down and would like to recharge);

Id like a taste of paradise and some great experiences!

Thanks in advance.

How long do you want to go for?

Id probably go Thailand for a month and Indonesia for two, but id mainly be in Thailand to party so if thats not your thing id say Indonesia for 3-4 months. or you could try Thailand Laos Cambodia and Vietnam and maybe Malaysia. There all pretty cheap!
    Indonesia has pretty much everything you described above though and its very cheap. I spent about 800 a month there but i drank most nights!
    If you have any specific questions fire away.

If you want to work try Europe or a j1...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Not going on any sort of trip/adventure because you have no one to go with is a terrible cop out. Just get on with it and you'll definitely have a far more interesting time.

Advertisement