Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good G.P and dentist in Castlebar

Options
  • 23-03-2009 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm relatively new to Castlebar- could anyone reccomend a GP and dentist? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

detoxkid wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm relatively new to Castlebar- could anyone reccomend a GP and dentist? Thanks in advance

A good GP...mhhh its up for debate but Dr.Tobin on Spencer St.,

Always found him very good,he's near Cathal Duffy's and in his Medical Center there is also Dental Surgery,so you could kill two birds with the one stone! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Having tried 5-6 different doctors in the town, i would recommend Dr Stephen Patten. He shares a surgery with Dr Kieran Long on New Antrim St (Across from Welcome inn) who is also very good imo. Both nice guys who will put you at ease.
    As far as Dentists, again having alot of experience in that area i reckon Dr Angus Bourke on Mons Terrace (just up from the main entrance to Davitt House) would be one of the best in town, i.e, not a butcher.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I have been with dentist John Mc hugh 25+ years on Spencer street few doors down from the medical centre previously mentioned. He gives gas too its brilliant I wouldn't go to a dentist without it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Nevermind all this G.P and dentist nonsense.
    Dont you know that the causesvof all ailments, from the common cold to tooth decay can be traced back to the spine? :pac:
    Theres a great chiropractic clinic in knockaphunta, out the westport road.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Thanks for all the replies guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

detoxkid wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies guys

Except mardybumbum's obviously.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Nevermind all this G.P and dentist nonsense.
    Dont you know that the causesvof all ailments, from the common cold to tooth decay can be traced back to the spine? :pac:
    Theres a great chiropractic clinic in knockaphunta, out the westport road.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

artieanna wrote: »
    I have been with dentist John Mc hugh 25+ years on Spencer street few doors down from the medical centre previously mentioned. He gives gas too its brilliant I wouldn't go to a dentist without it....

I went to Mc Hughs a few years ago in agony, he took me in and worked half of his lunch hourto fix me up no questions I've been going there ever since, he takes care of ppl.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

If anyone's looking for a dentist in Westport, from today's experience I can recommend the new clinic on the Ballinrobe road. I had an enormous tooth removed, and it was a completely painless experience. Even now, five hours (and two ibuprofen) later, not feeling even a twinge.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭dozydelilah

de5p0i1er wrote: »
    I went to Mc Hughs a few years ago in agony, he took me in and worked half of his lunch hourto fix me up no questions I've been going there ever since, he takes care of ppl.

ya mc hughs took me in short notice too. a cap on my front tooth had come out. my own dentist was out of town. it was a foreign guy, really nice, pumped me soo full of drugs and i think screwed something into my remaining bit of a tooth and capped it! and filled the back of my other front tooth. i never had a filling b4 in my life so i have nothing to compare it too.... the result. the cap tooth is two thirds of the size of my other front tooth! and you can see what i think are two little screws inside it. it looks terrible. and i had to go back the next day as i couldn,t close my mouth my bottom teeth were hitting off it!!!! he filed it down on the back a bit more! and the filling on the back of my other front tooth still annoys me feels like something is just stuck on. maybe thats how its supposed to feel. anyway long story short. i have an appointment tomorrow back at my own dentists (bourkes breaffy road) hopefully they will be able to do something for me. i,m soo embarrased to let anyone see my front tooth.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Paul Carney Mountain View is a good GP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement