Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home cinema Ipod connection

• 23-03-2009 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a samsung HT Z310 home entertainment system. It has a USB connection but I can't seem to get my Ipod to play through it. I presume there is some kind of block but does anyone know if its possible to play songs from an Ipod through it.

It has an Aux port but the quality just isn't the same.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I can't see hooking up the ipod via a USB connection is going to work unless the Z310 has dedicated iPod control functionality as part of it's specs.

The iPod does not work like other media players. The actual music files are buried several folders deep and they and their enclosing folders are set to be invisible to an OS, so the Z310 probably can't see the files. Can it see MP3 files if they are on a usb thumbstick?

Except for the shuffle, most iPods have two ways of outputting sound - via the headphone socket and via the dock connector on the bottom. Both of these outputs are of equivalent quality to a very good CD player if you are playing high bitrate or lossless tracks, so there is no reason for the quality not to be there. Only low bitrate rips should give you any problem with sound quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Hifi Keith

Just get an apple idock and have the video signal run to a tv and audio through your receiver, works quite well

Advertisement