Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS no longer delivering to Australia??

• 23-03-2009 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My mum is with Vodafone and has been constantly texting my brother since he went over there about 6 weeks ago. He has an australian number with Telstra. Her messages were delivering fine up until paddys day. Now any time she texts she always gets a failed delivery report a few hours later. The number hasn't been changed, it has been saved in the phone the same as always. Message center number is fine too. I have messed around with everything, I have tried various version of the Oz cou ntry code.

Finally we contacted Vodafone customer care, but I'm sorry they are donkeys! They first said get my bros network and they'll reset something, then when we did that the guy told my mum to remove his phone number from her phone book and type it in manually...what good is that!! My mum isn't too savy so she just did it and suprise suprise no diff!

So I'm posting here where I'll probably get more help! Anyone have an idea of whats going on?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ask Vodafone if they have an agreement for SMS with this network in Australia.

Just because it worked before doesn't mean VOdafone had an agreement in place. It's also possible it may have been terminate or whatever if there was one.

Have you tried texting this person in Aus from another Vodafone phone or from a phone from another network? Does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Havn't from vodafone, I have from my own which is Meteor and it works fine.
    I'll try from another vodafone phone, prob be tomorow before I see someone with a vodafone connection though.
    My mum can't seem to recieve messages from him either, where as I recieve them fine.

babo9 wrote: »
    Havn't from vodafone, I have from my own which is Meteor and it works fine.
    I'll try from another vodafone phone, prob be tomorow before I see someone with a vodafone connection though.
    My mum can't seem to recieve messages from him either, where as I recieve them fine.
    I'm feeling generous .. do you wanna PM me the number and I'll send a msg and you can see if I get their message? It'll rule out your account as the problem and confirm if it's a problem between the two networks or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Random wrote: »
    I'm feeling generous .. do you wanna PM me the number and I'll send a msg and you can see if I get their message? It'll rule out your account as the problem and confirm if it's a problem between the two networks or not.

Thanks, pm sent.

Right that message is sent and it's "Pending". If you don't hear back from me in a couple of hours (you said because of time difference their phone might be off) then bump this thread to remind me :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement