Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booking flights with UK branch to avail of exchange rate savings

• 23-03-2009 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if people have booked their flights with the UK branch of a travel agent due to the favourable exchange rates?

I've been comparing the prices of a round the world ticket with one particular travel agent - they help you find trails - and there is quite a large difference between their Dublin office and the Belfast one - (about 250 EUR). I gather that the Belfast booking doesn't include a flight to London, but even with this expense coming out of the 250 EUR the disparity between the tickets seems too good to be true.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 solas geal

hi,

i recently booked a one world round the world ticket with usit here in dublin, but i got the ticket exiting from London, so you get the sterling price and then they just converted it at the exchange rate. so we basically got the sterling rate in a Dublin travel agent. saved about €500 and our ticket to London is only about €50/€60, so it's well worth it in my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Yep booked my flights with statravel.co.uk Saved over €400 on the best price USIT were offering me for virtually the same thing. Still have to make my own way to and fro London but I guess now I have €400 spare to do it :D

Advertisement