Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Touch?

Options
  • 23-03-2009 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

I'm considering buying an iPod Touch simply because of it's web browsing and email features. I already have an iPod, but, would the Touch be useful and worth the money for MSN, email, youtube etc? And if so, how would I (if I can) connect it to my broadband?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from Comp and Tech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

I have one and it was one of the best purchases i ever made.

I mainly use it for music...........the internet is handy but i find myself using a laptop most of the time.

I presume you have wireless internet.

The iTouch will detect the wireless automatically. If your connection is password protected you will need this to access via iTouch. If not then your away in a hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i've one since august (1st gen) and its the best gadget i've ever had.

i use it for about 3hrs EVERY day - be it email/playing games/surfing the net while on the sofa/music/rss news/twitter/videos

i've heard them described as beeing (hand)setbooks - and i'd have to agree, they can do almost as much as a netbook, with the advantage of fitting in your pocket

as was said above, it easily hooks up with any wifi.
    its worth remembering that when you have no wifi, you don't have network access, so you may want to consider an iphone in such a situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you have a Nokia Symbian phone with a data package you can get Jokiu Spot which creates a wireless hotspot out of your mobile phone which allows you to use the internet pretty much anywhere on your iTouch :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have one since july and its definitely the best gadget I ever brought.there probbly cheaper now too and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

I was thinking on wether to get one or not as my classic is getting a bit old now and by looking at this thread i presume you would recommend it.

Would you recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Just bought one and its excellent! duno why i kept putting off getting one!
    quick question tho...it says capacity is only 14.52GB. its a 16GB and i know software etc would use up some of the 16 but didnt think that much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

kicking myself that i bought the 4th gen 16GB Nano in October last when i could have waited til after xmas and got a ipod touch in the sale for almost the same price :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

fifib wrote: »
    Just bought one and its excellent! duno why i kept putting off getting one!
    quick question tho...it says capacity is only 14.52GB. its a 16GB and i know software etc would use up some of the 16 but didnt think that much!

16GB is the size of the memory in the device. After the memory is formatted the available size drops. It has caused confusion before and believe Apple as well other companies have been criticised for advertising it as 16GB when that memory is never available.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its the same as when you buy a hard drive for your PC. a 1TB drive will only have 900 and something gigs available for use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement