Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train to Dublin

Options
  • 23-03-2009 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Do you have to pay to park at the train station in Dundalk?
    Is the service on time and reliable?
    What about cost?
    I've a hospital appointment in Dub and am going to get an early train from Dundalk. Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

fifomania wrote: »
    What about cost?
    I've a hospital appointment in Dub and am going to get an early train from Dundalk. Thanks :)

Yes. €2 per day.
    Yes.
    €23.50 return mid week.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

€23.50 return mid week.

e10 if you travel after 9................

just incase you can put it off that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭gipi

I'd guess that there'd be no carparking at the station at 9am though - if Dundalk is anything like Drogheda, there's no parking after 8am, never mind 9!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

What about cost?

Is the Matthews Coach service any good to you? €12 return - handy if you are going to the Mater...

http://www.matthewscoach.com/matthews_website/dublink_xprs_dundalk_dublin.php

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

gipi wrote: »
    I'd guess that there'd be no carparking at the station at 9am though - if Dundalk is anything like Drogheda, there's no parking after 8am, never mind 9!
    dundalk train station never fills to total capacity you will always find a space.like a previous poster said there is a 10 euro offer after 9am first train at 9;55 but if you have to go earlier you have 5:40,6:35,7:03,7:16 and 7:57 enterprise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

Thanks so much everyone for those replies, a great help!
    Is there anywhere in Dundalk that hasn't got pay parking? I'm looking for around the old shopping centre/McDonalds, don't mind walking a bit either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Carrick road is free once you can find a spot, harp carpark is free too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Thanks so much everyone for those replies, a great help!
    Is there anywhere in Dundalk that hasn't got pay parking? I'm looking for around the old shopping centre/McDonalds, don't mind walking a bit either.

I'm sorry but I find this astounding. While I'm opposed in principle to charging at the railway station, the charge exists. If you're just making 1 stand alone trip then why not pay the €2? The residents in the area are finding cars parked all over the place because people won't pay to park. If you commuted daily then I can understand complaints about a parking charge but for one day then just pay the parking. Do you always drive around the town looking for free areas to park and walk from instaed of putting 50cent in the meters? Can you afford a car at all in that case? Why not walk everywhere and not have to pay for petrol or parking?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

ok, calm down :cool:
    i wanted to know if there was anywhere with free parking in case I have to stay in Dublin overnight, I don't know fully what my appointment consists of and an overnight stay may be on the cards.
    I was just wondering where I wouldn't end up getting fined if I hadn't put enough in the parking machine. And I don't particularly want to pay at the railway station because I've decided on getting the bus.
    happy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Bloody hell if someone wants to look around for free parking, fair play to them. They are perfectly entitled to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Bloody hell if someone wants to look around for free parking, fair play to them. They are perfectly entitled to do so.
    i think i would rather have my car under cctv cameras and the gate locked at night time,rather than leave it on the side of the road even if it does cost €2

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dundalkbhoy

i think i would rather have my car under cctv cameras and the gate locked at night time,rather than leave it on the side of the road even if it does cost €2

you think too much:D

Advertisement