Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 SMS Problem - Nokia E71

• 23-03-2009 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some help, have a Nokia E71 and was going great for the past 6 months but over the last few weeks I have started having problems recieving text messages.

The problem is that I started getting text messages delivered to the handset days after the people actually sent them and now it seems that the texts only deliver to my handset after I turn the phone on and off.

I rang O2 and they said that I needed a new sim card 64 bit, which I got and no difference. Some texts come through immediatly but some dont recieve until I power off and power back on.

Hopefully someone can help me with this one, its wrecking my head.

Thanks,

Skeff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do u ever have problems with calls. Anyone say they tried to ring you and not get through? Or ever notice that you don't have signal. Try changing the network settings, you can change it from automatic to manual. after you change/search do you get the texts then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

If you changed you SIM and the same thing is happening, but the SIM in another phone - you should find that it works fine which will show that it's a problem with your phone and not the SIM.

If by some chance the same thing happens in the second phone, call O2 again. They need to fix it from their side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

I could try some thing here to see if it will get you working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I could try some thing here to see if it will get you working however I will need you number if your Ok to give it to me?

Just a gentle reminder not to post any personal info on the forum. Keep that kind of info to PM. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Have done cheers Tom

• Advertisement
Advertisement