Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pro Player Lookalikes!

• 23-03-2009 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Thought this thread might bring some fun to the darts forum as it has been pretty quite over the last week or so!

My mates call me Dennis Ovens for some reason, maybe because I have a beard and used to have a hairstyle like him!:D

One of my mates replies to us when we call him Co Stompe or Matchstick Man!:D

Also we call my brother Colin Lloyd because he slightly resembles him!:D

Do any of you lads or your mates resemble a pro darts player?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Thought this thread might bring some fun to the darts forum as it has been pretty quite over the last week or so!

My mates call me Dennis Ovens for some reason, maybe because I have a beard and used to have a hairstyle like him!:D

One of my mates replies to us when we call him Co Stompe or Matchstick Man!:D

Also we call my brother Colin Lloyd because he slightly resembles him!:D

Do any of you lads or your mates resemble a pro darts player?

you look like ovens and your brother looks like Lioyd i would be asking qusetions,, ratinkeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

jwshooter wrote: »
    you look like ovens and your brother looks like Lioyd i would be asking qusetions,, ratinkeg

LOL!:D
    I don't look a bit like Ovens but as I said I have a beard and for a while my hair was a bit like his!

As for my brother we just had to find a a dart player who has a small similarity just to slag him back!

It's all a bit of friendly banter!:D

90031.jpg
    :eek:
    No Way I look like him!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

We've a few lads in the pub where we play that are the spitting image of Andy Jenkins and James Wade, neither of them play though

The head of Laois GAA could also pass for Terry Jenkins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

_42369473_flintstonespair300.jpg

Taylor and Barney?

five-o-1.jpg

Mardle?

222px-Hans_Moleman.png

Terry Jenkins?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

ratinakeg wrote: »
    90031.jpg
    :eek:
    No Way I look like him!

TheHeat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

its been said james wade looks like me,if he could only throw like me he'd be doing well for himself!!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

Was told i look like wayne mardle when i have my head shaved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

mr.jingles = Kevin McDine:D

610x.jpg?center=0.5,0

Rafa Benitez!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

tom hennessy that plays in our league is a ringer for mark walsh:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

George Michael and his Lover

go06heez12.jpg

Wolfie Adams and Gary Anderson
    0417george2_narrowweb__300x343,0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Guy on my team is a dead ringer for Jacko Barry

even answers to the name....

Guy on my team is a dead ringer for Jacko Barry

even answers to the name....

LOL!:D

I've just copped on that he plays for your team! Silly me!

I'd say his brother looks like his brother as well!;)

Good post dionsiseire!

Disco Dave!

phil-taylor-youtube-coron-006.jpg

Phil Taylor

F28A9EEF-FDE0-929A-F6B9DAC116C49672.jpg

:D

hah cheers keg. Depending on results over the next few months jacko might not continue on the pdc tour next year.

At that point my post becomes less funny

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I was wondering why he hasn't been playing in the last few Pro Tour events. Is it costing him too much money to do it Dionsiseire?

Its more about sponsors and its the same reason your not seeing shane o connors name out there either as far as i know.

Some Sponsors have pulled out with the downturn in the economy meaning He can play on the tour, but Costs minus sponsorship and winnings isnt enough to make it worthwhile

he's still working a fulltime job at the moment as far as i know because the darts just wont pay the bills unless he wins on the tour into quarter and semi finals, which having seen him practicing he's capable of, but the floor tournaments have become very very competitive, too many quality players

He would probably make more money playing all the tournaments in ireland and wouldnt have half the costs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

i played against a player in cork he looks like adrian lewis, im certain there twins (pity he couldn't throw like him)

Advertisement