Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the poor mut has cataracts.

Options
  • 23-03-2009 9:20pm

hi all i have a yorkshire terrier ( one of the bigger ones, not a mini ) who is about 8 years old. he developed a cataract in one eye over the course of about 2 years, this eye is now completely white. bad news is i just noticed it has started is his good eye so its only a matter of time before he's blind. is there anything i can do medically or surgically? is this the end for poor bobby:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

They can be removed by a veterinary ophthalmologist but the sight isn't always going to come back. Has your dog been tested for diabetes because it can be a side effect of it. Give your vet a call for a consult and referral if necessary.

Advertisement