Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

german 2mo PLEASE HELP?

Options
  • 23-03-2009 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

hi there could somebody just help me put a few scentences together on my hobby.
    just want to say i play camogie,train twice a week,match at the weekends,play in the backs .....plus anything else of relevance.
    have no book for this stuff and am one of the first in the mornin:(
    please... thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Waaahhh

You could go with somethin like this....
    Ich treibe leidenschaftlich gern Sport. Mein Lieblingssport ist Camogie und ich spiele mit meinem oertlichen Club. Zweimal pro Woche haben wir Training und am Wochenende gibt es ein Spiel. Wenn man Sport treibt, ist man gesund und fit, meiner Meinung nach. Im Moment habe ich nicht so viel Zeit fuer Sport, weil ich fuer mein Abitur pauke.... and then start on bout school etc if ya want.
    Don't have a clue bout defence, but you could try the aul 'i lár na páirce' trick, :Ich spiele in der Mitte, denn ich bin sehr schnell und kraeftig.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lorr3

thank you so so much!! yep had the, i play because it helps cope with stress ...la la la talkin s**t :) just happened to forget to know how to actually say anything about it!!!! ha ha. thanks a bunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Waaahhh

:Dmines later on in the week, just tryin to put some notes together now. Will say at that stuff above, considerin im a guy i better not say Camogie or the examiner will be givin me some funny looks! Best of luck. Bet you can't wait to burn the Bildergeschichte either...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lorr3

ha ha big bildergesichte bonfire!!!:):) YIPPEEEEE!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i have my german oral next week.but what we were told is that its not a test on the information you give,oits a test about the way you say this information.you could lie about everything in the oral but as long as it is said properly and makes sense there should be no problem.its the same with irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

yep, they dont give a **** about your opinion , its your level of german . ive mine tomorrow:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

lorr3 wrote: »
    ha ha big bildergesichte bonfire!!!:):) YIPPEEEEE!

Ahh you lucky... Seriously, if I get that, I will have an orgasm, no joke. Its the only one that I know absolutely spot on! I have my oral on Friday. Irish the following tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

Anyone gotten any unexpected questions in their German orals? Mine's on Tuesday and I'm kinda scared.. Particularly scared about the future projection, opinion on the issue and all that jazz for the Bildergeschichte .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I did the projekt, and on my projekt I had a picture of some girls with whistles in their mouths. The examiner asked me what was in there mouths which completely threw me, how am I expected to know the German for whistle? I didn't try to bull**** or anything, I just said "I don't know that word" and she said "that's fine". I really wasn't expecting to have to describe to pictures in any great detail, they were just randoms ones I grabbed off google images.

On the plus side she asked me how I got my information and was it easy and I said "Ich habe nur "die loveparade" gegoogelt"

<3 gegoogelt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

-ME- wrote: »
    Anyone gotten any unexpected questions in their German orals? Mine's on Tuesday and I'm kinda scared.. Particularly scared about the future projection, opinion on the issue and all that jazz for the Bildergeschichte .

Future projection is grand once you know how to use it, ie wird/werden, verb goes to the end and it is the full infinite of the verb. Do you have stuff learned off for the picture sequences?

• Advertisement

nothing unexpected, the furture projection isnt hard, once u learn it off, i know our examiners were sometimes not asking furture projection and sometimes just go in to more detail on explaining the pictures but thank god i got future projection cause i knew it really well and wasnt so good on explaining the pictures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

leesmom wrote: »
    nothing unexpected, the furture projection isnt hard, once u learn it off, i know our examiners were sometimes not asking furture projection and sometimes just go in to more detail on explaining the pictures but thank god i got future projection cause i knew it really well and wasnt so good on explaining the pictures

did you have the hot one or the old one?

the hot one:rolleyes: she examined me last time too, 3 years ago, shes nice enough. the old one was supposed to be picky with askin a lot of questions on the pictures, which would have lost me a good few marks, i always thought they had to ask you future projetcion but apparently not

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

has nyone done it yet?what roleplays nd picture sequences ye get?overall how'd it go?have mine on wens bricking it!:o

ruhestorung and pass verloren, its not really too hard just make sure you listen to what they ask you properly

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

u lucky git!if i get zu zweits or schuleraustausch ill break down!....how was general convo?did u get that awkward festivals question?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

has nyone done it yet?what roleplays nd picture sequences ye get?overall how'd it go?have mine on wens bricking it!:o

I got that damned Fish one, that was the one I really didn't want to get. There was a point when the examiner went on to a next part when I hadn't fullfilled all the tasks for the previous part, so I just ignored what she said and went on about my fish being cold. Actually it probably sounded quite bizzare:

"would you like a hamburger instead?"
    "...besides, my fish is cold! The sauce wasn't bad but it's also cold!"
    "I understand...how 'bout that hamburger?"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Piste wrote: »
    "would you like a hamburger instead?"
    "...besides, my fish is cold! The sauce wasn't bad but it's also cold!"
    "I understand...how 'bout that hamburger?"

Heh heh. In fairness, it sounds like most conversations in Germany. :D

i actually wanted zu weits or even schuleraustasch, my version of ruhestorung was a real simple crappy one. i brought the festival in myself cause i wanted to use it as part of my past tense, she didnt seem too interested though and cut through me half way:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

leesmom wrote: »
    ruhestorung and pass verloren, its not really too hard just make sure you listen to what they ask you properly

Got Pass Verloren too, the questions were really weird. I got asked what tube line I was on and who I talked to at the counter. At least I hope thats what it was...
    Hate that one, its too simple. No way to waffle with good language

• Advertisement

yeah thats what she asked you, i got the exact same! i got quite confused, she asked me did i talk to a police woman or someone else dont know what she said, got stuck on a point and got confused after that:rolleyes:

Advertisement