Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from o2 to Vodafone

• 23-03-2009 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭

Okay, total newbie when it comes to this stuff so I thought it best to ask here first. I've been with o2 for my entire mobile phone life and I'm looking to switch to o2 but I want to keep my number. What's involved, what do I do and how long will it take?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

Go into a Vodafone store and just say you want to port to Vodafone.

If you're moving to prepay you don't need to bring anything, bar your phone.

If you're moving to bill pay take your last O2 bill, photographic ID - in date, and a utility bill dated within the last 3 months.

You'll be changed over between 2-4 hours. Best not to do it on a Friday though, can take a little longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

Okay, I've about 20 euro credit still with o2...do I have to wait and use that all up, or can that be transferred?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

Nope, use it all up cuz you'll lose it when you move networks.

No probs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Okay, I've about 20 euro credit still with o2...do I have to wait and use that all up, or can that be transferred?

Thanks.
    You can't transfer credit between networks. Use it or lose it. You can't transfer O2 credit to a friend either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

Balls. :D

Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement