Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote Control - Technisat DVB-S

• 23-03-2009 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a Technisat DVB-S2 card with remote control and a little IR receiver which plugs into a 2.5mm socket on the card.
    This works - up to a point - with DVBViewer Pro software which I purchased shortly after I bought the card. The limitation is with the remote control, as it has only a limited number of buttons.
    I have been trying to use a universal remote control instead, but I am being frustrated in that I don't know what IR codes are being sent, therefore I can't "hack" the table in the Windows registry that the Technisat driver uses to convert the IR code into keystrokes to send to the DVBViewer application. All I know is that the hardware expects RC-5 codes and I've set the universal remote to emulate a Phillips TV remote. The number keys work, as does the channel up/down and the "exit" key, but I can't get the volume key to work (this should be standard!) and I'm struggling with other keys as well.
    Still with me so far:confused:
    In an attempt to find out what codes are coming from the remote, I've downloaded winlirc (no good - only works with serial ports!), I've downloaded a USBanalyzer (no good - doesn't even see the Human Interface Device (HID) on the card). What seems to be happening is that the driver in the Technisat card is converting the IR commands into keystrokes as if a USB keyboard is installed.
    What I think I need is a replacement driver for the Technisat HID which will show me the IR codes received. Anyone been down this road and can point me in the right direction?

Advertisement