Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Akita Breeders

Options
  • 23-03-2009 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for a male american akita pup - anyone recomend any breeders?

Thanks

I have contacted the irish kennel club but they had no breeders listed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Bump - any akita owner out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

You should try coming along to a dog show and talk to some of the Akita owners there. Most of them would be glad to help out or point you in the right direction. Theres a big show on in dublin on the 11th April, in swords.

What part of the country are you in then?

Im from Galway but If I knew there would be Akitas at the show I would have no bother travelling.

Oh theres always Akitas at the shows. The easter show is an international one so there is usually a big entry of dogs all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

i thought it was Japanese Akita's rather than American?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

BryanL wrote: »
    i thought it was Japanese Akita's rather than American?

American Akitas are more Dark colored whereas the Japanese breed is lighter in color

What time is the show on at the weekend in the The National Show Centre? I checked on the show dogs ireland site and it does not say the time, I see that ikitas are on group 5 in it.

Hi there, judging starts at 8.30 and the Akitas are on first in their ring, so you might have to be there early to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭aaronsbz

em is there seats in the place so randomers who aren bringing dogs just interested can go and see it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Here's a link
    http://www.bosundanceakitas.com/contactus.html
    I don't know anything about them, I just googled "American Akitas" because i wanted to see how they differed from Japanese Akitas!

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    Hi there, judging starts at 8.30 and the Akitas are on first in their ring, so you might have to be there early to see them.

Oh an early rise but I'll do it, Is the show far passed Dublin airport as I will be heading from the city direction.

No its literally 2mins from there, when you come to the main roundabout into the airport, take a right off that, the old swords roads, drive to next roundabout and you will go right on that too and the entrance is just there then on left for National Show Centre, there is charge for car park, think its either 4 or 5 euro, cant remember exactly as i pay my car park with my entry.

If you have any more questions just shout.

Picked my akita at the weekend, Collecting him the first of may as he 'd be nearly 9 weeks old then.

Oh really?? thats brilliant, who did you get chatting to and what colour is it? Will you show it too? Did you go to the show yeah, did you enjoy it?

Actually got talking to a couple that are local to my home in galway and they told me of a guy with an advert for pups for sale about 30 minutes from my house so I went yesterday and got my pick of the litter. He will have all vacinations and be registered and microchipped when I collect him.

I would like to show him but we will have to see how that works out

Here's a pic of the pup.

Oh wow, he looks gorgeous, does the breeder show or not?
    Hope you got to see plenty of Akitas on saturday, i did really well with my rottweiler, we came 4th in our group, picking up the green star, cacib and best of breed before that, so we had a fantastic day.

You did very well, must be great satisfaction as I know it takes alot of work for you and your dog for the shows, yes the owner showed the parent dogs and a friend of mine knows the brother of the pups mother and he is also a good show dog so hopefully the pup will be a good one too.

Advertisement