Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bebo, Facebook and now Twitter

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭mumof3angels

Well, it's been something like three weeks now and I'm still enjoying using twitter.

Found this:

http://agtweet.com/

With my current O2 package, it means my 'tweets' are free.

Up to this I never really used Facebook or Bebo much, but since twitter updates them for me, it means they are getting updated, too, and my friends are posting more comments there and stuff, too.

It's all a bit daft, really, but sure where's the harm?

Hi
    thanks for that just tryed it fab ..
    Can you help me out with one thing how do you get it to update your facebook page and also have you ever tried tweetdeck ?? just download it cant make head or tails of it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Hi
    thanks for that just tryed it fab ..
    Can you help me out with one thing how do you get it to update your facebook page and also have you ever tried tweetdeck ?? just download it cant make head or tails of it ...
    Tweetdeck's great. You type in your tweet/status update, click the box for what site you want it to go to, and click send. Then all your @replies go in one column, people you're following's updates in another, your DM's in another, and then facebook status updates in the last one. I love it, it's pretty handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 niamhy84

im new to this..how the hell does it work??
    how do i post something i wanna say??

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

how do you get it to update your facebook page

Inside your twitter account, click on the Settings option (top right of the screen) and about halfway down the page (under the Account tab) you'll see a link marked "(You can also add Twitter to your site here)"

Click that link, and select Facebook. It should only be a couple of clicks after that (if your FB account is open).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 orlaj

Bebo is the best..the rest are just simpily confusing?!:S

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

LadyDee wrote: »
    Heya,

A quick question... in Ireland the first big internet social site was Bebo, then Facebook and now... Twitter? How many people have Twitter accounts, do you like the site, or is it a waste of time?:rolleyes:

Bebo is a load of s***. The designers appear to have done nothing to stop the random friend requests. Thankfully it's website hits have halved in the past year which should mean it'll pretty much finished this time next year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Bebo is a load of s***. The designers appear to have done nothing to stop the random friend requests. Thankfully it's website hits have halved in the past year which should mean it'll pretty much finished this time next year. :D
    I've developed for Bebo, and I was involved with graphic design and branding for the company, as well as direct consultation with Michael, the original founder of the website. He, and the guys, walked home sometime ago, after the AOL takeover, with a hefty sum of cash. He already made a nice bit of cash off his previous project, Birthday Alarm, which was brought into the Bebo website, in form of reminders.

Most of the original staff are present, but the main deal of work is in the content delivery on the site. Bebo is, you may not believe, the best website for content distribution and advertising for the younger market. It has got a better direct marketing and entertainment strategy than the major players, such as MySpace and other sites.

Sure, it may have dropped in hits, but that is due to the major lack of changes. Applications, once launched, were the most annoying thing to his the development staff, as it didn't work correct at the live launch. Now, they are working fine and all is well.

I will say though, that Bebo has a few large transformations in the pipeline, with a whole redevelopment of features, albums, privacy and more. Think of the current system as 1.0, it will very soon be changed to 2.0, and not just in terms of profiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

I had Bebo when I was younger. Loved it, then realised it was a wastee of time. Deleted my account after not using it for 2 years.

Facebook is a bit better. Have it, but don't use it (been on it 3 times total).

Twitter is a joke. What the hell can I say in 160characters? I need 160 words. I also have that. But went on to sign up. Next time I go on I'll be deleting my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

Bebo needs some serious updates all round.

Enough of these updates I've seen like the "New profile layout" and the new photo browsing system they've copied from Facebook that I could make in no time myself with a bit of JavaScript.

These aren't "updates"; these are minor tweaks.

They seriuosly need to get their act together regarding privacy settings as well - that's he reason I stopped using it. Such a joke.

Facebook has brilliant privacy settings like choosing who can see what on your page like making your comment wall only visible to yourself, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Irish Business

I have found that Twitter is a great way of getting "noticed" (if you want to launch a new company or website or seminar / event etc).

However, once launched and even being followed, there is way to much "noise" and clutter to use it as a day to day communications medium.

We used it recently to launch a new website and gained 150 clients from 500 followers in less than 2 weeks.

But that is it's purpose served for that project. From here on, we keep in touch with these new clients via email.;)

Stuart

Advertisement