Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turbo Sim on 2.2.1

• 23-03-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had any luck with a turbo sim on 2.2.1

I got the rebel one on ebay to use in my 3G iPhone but doesnt seem to work.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

I remember there being a good few reports from people here that Turbo SIM unlockers don't work anymore. Not since 2.2, I think. Did your phone come with 2.2.1? If it didn't you shouldn't have updated it! 2.2.1 hasn't been cracked by the dev team yet, so the only way to get it working is to switch to O2. That's presuming it's an Irish iPhone of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

I got one thats meant to be compatible with 2.2.1 but can't get it to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Me too what brand was yours. Mine was a rebel one.

I go the "I-smart phone" sim card but they have come back to me to say that some sim cards are not compatiable with their card.
    (I have a vodafone sim card which has recently been replaced)

Of course this wasn't on the eBay listing !
    Awaiting a refund.

I have a rebel ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 conor.111

Any luck with the Rebel sim?

• Advertisement

listing got pulled on ebay after I had paid, so await a refund....aggggrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭lizzyrock

Hey lads,

I am currently in a position where i have an iphone locked to 2.2.1 myself and am looking for anyone that has used a rebel sim/turbo sim that works to advise on which one to get. Could be another problem as I want to use it Australia maybe best off trying to get one when i get over there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Have a 2.2.1 iPhone that I need to unlock.

(Stupidly paid €30 to a website that claimed could unlock it and all it was was a download like to quickpwn!)

Turbo Sim doesn't seem to work with 2.2.1, so how far away (weeks, months?) do ye reckon the dev team are from a software unlock for 2.2.1??

OR....has anyone had any luck with the Rebel sim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

jamieh wrote: »

Turbo Sim doesn't seem to work with 2.2.1, so how far away (weeks, months?) do ye reckon the dev team are from a software unlock for 2.2.1??

Sorry if this seems a stupid question but is the turbo sim not working with all 2.2.1's or is it just with the 3G 2.2.1 ??

I have just updated my iPhone this week from 1.1.1 ( I know!! I was away!) and now my girlfriend wants me to do her iPhone for her but it is 1.1.2 on turbo sim. Both of ours are 2G devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Yes the unlocking problems when upgrading to 2.2.1 are limited to 3g phones.

You shouldnt even need to use a turbo sim on the "2g" iphone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement